Pay day

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Tenthgate, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Ah Pay day,

That day when I pay my overdue bills, stock a little food on my empty shelves (with coffee as a priority) and then look at what's left and flirt with 4noggins.

A much fuller day than the one just BEFORE pay day, when I scrounge odds and ends to eat...

Has TAD contributed to my weight loss? I reckon it has.

IrishRover, jpberg, Motard and 4 others like this.

2. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I often wonder if any weight I lose comes from buying coffee over food. :rolleyes:

Tenthgate and Ted Vig like this.
  3. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I know I've lost weight since I've taken up the pipe. I smoke a bowl at night rather than shovel food in my face while I'm watching Star Trek.

Preacher1611, Tenthgate and Ted Vig like this.
  4. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

I dunno, am i alone feeling that there is a clock ticking like that nuclear countdown during the cold war, but instead of nuclear apocalypse it's tobacco apocalypse? I can't handle the idea that it could all be gone someday.

There's an aspect of paranoia to my hoarding... :eek:

5. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I see a lot of this on the traditional shaving forums. Usually leads to people buying a lot of nice stuff that they will never use completely. One of my homeboys (Briar Boy knows him) bought something like an 80 year supply of his favorite shaving cream and blades. Found something else he liked more and wound up selling the whole wad for a considerable loss.

I look at it this way. If something I like goes the way of all things, I will find something else I like and persue that. I can't waste exorbitant amounts of money preparing for shortages that may never happen in my lifetime.

6. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Neither can I. Sure am glad Murray's Dunhill was only $4.95/can when I stocked up. :D

7. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I'm glad I am stocked up. Things may get insane.

Motard likes this.
  8. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Yea, I'm slowly starting to stock up up on bacca, just my three favorites at first and then a few other things if money permits. That way I'll have a cellar to enjoy if the anti-smokers get their way. :puffy:

Rodfather and Motard like this.
  9. Siv

Siv Flame+Wood=Bad Idea

Tins of baccy appreciate in value - the same cannot be said for tins of shaving cream. My cellar has about 300oz bulk and 200oz tins and I'm finding myself leaning towards smoking the bulk and hoarding the tins.

If the apocalypse happens (i.e. I stop smoking or baccy become illegal) the tins will be easier to shift than my jars of preserve.

Oh yeah, back on topic, I got paid yesterday and a Dunhill is in the post!

Preacher1611 and Tenthgate like this.
  10. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Well played!

11. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I think it's time for me to place an order...
    Well, that's if I can get SWSMBO or whatever the darn acronym is ;) lets me...

12. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

I have way more now than I will ever smoke but I keep buying more, a sickness I guess. My son has taken up the pipe so I guess my stash will go to him. Although he is a young guy he is going to have to smoke like a chimney to keep up.

Mister Moo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.