pease that please

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by user2453, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user2453

user2453 Member

I've smoked a few tins of GL Pease tobaccos and want to explore more. His tobaccos seem well done to me and are a nice smoke. I've smoked Jacknife Plug, Cairo, Haddos Delight, Westminster, and Laurel Heights. My favorite is Jacknife and Westminster.

I am looking for a solid English lat blend and a good Virginia to try. I am somewhat opposed to cigar leaf in pipe tobacco for the most part. I don't know why, only that I thought Cornell and Diehls zhabana Daydream really bitter.

Really just looking for a few siggestions for a few tins to order next time.

jason1977 likes this.

2. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Give Kensington a try. Ribbon cut VA/LAT/OR. I received a tin from a fellow member and this is some pretty fantastic stuff.

dmkerr likes this.
  3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Kensington is a great suggestion. If you want more lat, try Charing Cross, Odyssey, Quiet Nights. If you want less, Picadilly.

I'm not as enamored of Pease's virginias but he also makes two excellent VaPers, Telegraph Hill and Stratford.

psquared likes this.
  4. Capt

Capt Active Member

Blackpoint and Charing Cross

5. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Lagonda, Sextant, and Odyssey.
    And Telegraph Hill.

Capt likes this.
  6. Capt

Capt Active Member

I totally forgot about Lagonda!

7. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Member

+1 on Charing Cross. And look at Barbary Coast if you want something a little different.

8. muddler

muddler Member

Blackpoint, Meridian, Sextant & Abingdon are favourite Lats.

Union Square & Laurel Heights are superb Va's.

9. user2453

user2453 Member

Ok those all look pretty solid to me. If I could order at this moment I'd probably get some more Jacknife and laurel heights, Barbary coast, Kensington and odyssey. Sound good?

psquared likes this.
  10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I'll second US. Matt
    PM me for a sample.

11. Dogman

Dogman Member

Ive only tried Odyssey and Union Square. Odyssey by a longshot.

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Union freaking Square. IMO, every bit the equal of FVF in quality. Different, but equally nice (if not better, due to being able to actually light the dang stuff)

13. smokey422

smokey422 Member

My vote goes to Maltese Falcon.
    Smokey

14. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

Lagonda is probably my favorite English from Pease. I'd also recommend Chelsea Morning. Hmm... I also love Barbary Coast, but would that be considered an English since it's splashed with brandy?

15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Nobody has mentioned Chelsea Morning, so.... Chelsea Morning. It's not latakia-laden by any means, but it's super flavorful and just really different than anything else I've had. I went through a tin quite quickly.

16. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

I AM THE BIGGEST GL PEASE guru!!!! LOVE me some Pease! K. Va's, & per, I would DEFINITELY recommend Telegraph hill. I would ALSO recommend Chelsea Morning for the english blend morning coffee blend. ALSO, I'd recommend Key Largo. THAT is an english blend w. cigar wrapper leaf added to it & it's awesome in the summer-time in a cob when it's hot & humidity is a factor. I've been dying to try Jack knife. But I've got a bunch of the Pease & they seem to be the tins that empty the quickest, lol. Haddow's Delight is a BIT too much perique for me, then again, I'm not a perique enthusiast, I just have an appreciation & taste for it. THAT being said, I like it in a cob w. a filter because it eases the "man, my nose is going to fall off if I snork this one more time...." lol

17. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I'm currently enjoying some Samarra and I'm about to go nuts on TAD stockpiling. :th1:

18. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Am I the only one who loves Montgomery? Nice VA for my tastes.

19. user2453

user2453 Member

Ive been thinking alot about all those blends you recommend. Gonna be hard to limit myself to only a few with all the recommendations here. Jack knife is really good and toasty. One of my favorites for sure.

20. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Blackpoint and Lagonda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.