Peter Stokkebye - English Opulence Tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Latherman87, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latherman87

Latherman87 Member

I just purchased an ounce of this today along with a few other tobacco blends...I have to say the Opulence....is thus far the worst out of the 5 tobacco blends iv had. I couldnt even finish a whole bowl...it tasted so weird and tart. If you have ever smelt burning super glue....that smell is what the Opulence tasted like to me mixed with a NON fruity but bitter Sweet Tart (the candy) taste. Not to discourage others from trying it but this is definitely not for me! I will be giving the remainder of this stuff to my wife's friend who is a pipe smoker...hopefully he will like it! Tomorrow I shall try the Kentucky Blizzard...hopefully its decent!

2. Latherman87

Latherman87 Member

Sorry guys...I should have put this post in the Tobacco review thread! My apologies!

3. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

Yeah I don't know what the deal is with PSEO. I tried the tinned stuff 20 years ago and I couldn't stand it.
    Try PSBS IMO it's the best latakia mixture available and one of the best I've ever smoked. It ages very well but it can be enjoyed fresh. :confused:

Latherman87 likes this.
  4. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Don't let it turn you against other PS blends, or you might miss out on some big winners.
    I have not tried the EO, so can't comment on it, but PS makes some of my favorite tobaccos. I highly recommend the following;
    Luxury English
    Luxury Navy Flake
    Proper English
    Balkan Supreme
    and if you are into aromatics the Pistachio is very good too.

Latherman87 likes this.
  5. Latherman87

Latherman87 Member

Thanks guys...im not letting it turn me away from that particular brand but I also must say I tried Altadis -Kentucky Blizzard about 10 minutes ago......its not bad I can definitely taste a bit of the cranberry coming through but mainly in the aftertaste....it had about the roughest tongue bite iv got from any other blend though so I doubt ill be smoking anymore of it. It just wasnt fruity enough anyways....im looking for a "dessert" blend thats good for after meals thats flavored so much it almost tastes like your smoking candy lol. Anyone know of anything like that?

6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that your experience with it was so bad. I've seen their English Opulance before, but it's nothing I felt the urge to try. Dunno why, but it sounds like I haven't missed much. Stokkebye's English Oriental Supreme, Luxury English, Balkan Supreme, and Proper English are all really good. I like the Proper English as an all-day type of smoke. It's nothing fancy or Earth-shattering, just a nicely done "English" blend that's great for beginners or an old-hand looking for a nice house "English." For some reason, my wife really loves the room note on their English Oriental Supreme and Proper English, and thinks they smell "manly" and "sexy." However, she doesn't care for the room note on the Balkan Supreme and is indifferent to the room note on the Luxury English.

Old Codger and Latherman87 like this.
  7. capt dave

capt dave Member

My wife says the same of my English and balkan favorites. I need to try some if these.

RTOdhner likes this.
  8. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Looks like not all womens is against Latakia, at least not if it's used as a condimental.

Word to all the Lat-Fiends in the house: Ease off the Lat-Bombs, go easy on the Latakia, and you might just get lucky. ;) (Sure, tell yourself "I smoke what I please cuz I'm d'man" as you retire for the night with that Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition from 1995). :rolleyes:

MacNutz and Latherman87 like this.
  9. CoreyR

CoreyR Active Member

The PS Luxury Bullseye and Luxury Navy Flake are both very good. I know that you are into "Candy" tastes and these are not aromatic but do not let that drive you away. If you just smoke them and let the taste develop, I think you shall find a pleasant sweet flavor come along as you smoke.

10. bosun

bosun Active Member

I've been smoking their "Golden Dansk lately. Burns well, decent taste and aroma and what I would call a light aro..

11. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I agree with RTO regarding Proper English as an all day smoke for lovers of English blends. Balkan Supreme is another good one.

My friend's girl friend loves the smell of the lat blends. She says they remind her of Bombay. Very manly and sexy says she. I gave my buddy a corn cob and some of the blend she particularly liked but he's slow and didn't catch on. Happy is the man whose significant other likes his pipe. My sweetie hates my cigs but likes the pipe smoke that used to creep under the door from the 'boy room'.

RTOdhner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.