peter Stokkebye istanbul

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by avmech20, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avmech20

avmech20 Member

I smoked this english blend for the first time this evening. I was a little leery of at first because of the strong latakia smell, but after the first light and the wonderful earthy aroma I was totally sold. I did smoke this outside and didn't get the full effect of the room note. I love the fact that there was actually some flavor to the smoke and a good nicotine kick. I have mainly smoked aro's and find that they smell good, but lack the flavor and the nicotine. I will certainly be smoking way more english blends from now on.

WrightwoodJohn likes this.

2. avmech20

avmech20 Member

by the way, this was my first time to smoke any english blends or latakia.

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

It's always nice to find one you like. Congrats!

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Congratulations, sounds like you found a blend you like! Peter Stokkebye makes some fantastic blends given the price point, and some that are just so good it's truly amazing that they manage to stay in the same general price range as the others.

I gotta say, I've not heard of Istanbul (the blend) myself. I ought to check it out

5. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Congrats on finding an English blend that suits you! Of the PS blends I've tried, none have let me down. I think I'll have to find the Istanbul and give it a go.

6. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of Latakia! :thu2:

7. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Well-Known Member

You can buy 1oz samples of PS, SG, C&D, McB, etc on smokingpipes.com. They seem to run about $4.50+ an oz. (I just learned this myself, after buying a few tins. Nice that you can get smaller amounts and try several blends that way). I started off with aro's also and nothing wrong with them, I just found the english blends more complex & earthy, I really enjoy that rich tobacco flavor. I still have some aro in my cabinet, but haven't smoked any for awhile. Have fun with that PS Istanbul & welcome to the English side of town:bing:

8. WrightwoodJohn

9. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Where did you find Istanbul?

10. avmech20

avmech20 Member

the store "Fincks cigar outlet" calls it istanbul, and I believe there is a review for it on tobacco review. It is really some kind of english blend from PS

11. WrightwoodJohn

Maybe it's actually PS "Turkish Export"..

12. shadow

shadow Active Member

A No Name Cavendish in a Prince Of Wales Canadian. A very good smoker!:bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.