Peter Stokkebye Proper English

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by idiotbox37, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

i picked up a couple ounces bulk from a local B&M shop. $2.50/oz, good price i thought.

I've smoked mostly virginia/cav blends and PropEng has a dominating flavor that i wasn't prepared for. is that the Latakia? dunhil nightcap has latakia but i didn't recognize the flavor at all.

it wasn't unpleasant, just unexpected. also, it may have been the heat but my head was starting to swim after half the bowl. i couldn't finish the bowl because my 20month old son decided to step in dog poop, haha. is latakia generally high in N?

2. Zfog

Zfog Member

It generally has less nicotine than VA,s I believe. I thought it was a decent English, but not enough so to stock in my cellar.

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

did the smoke have an aroma/roomnote of dog poop? jk :)

Probably is the latakia in combination with the mystery oriental(s) that's in the blend. I recently (a couple of months ago) picked up a pound of PS Proper English and found it to be a good smoke and delivered what it's supposed to in flavors expected (for me) but I like PS' Turkish Export (Samsun leaf) and no latakia ........... which can be added for a later smoke if some blending lat is "on hand" or ya got a lat bomb ya wanna tame down a bit.

Ed
    Puff

4. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

haha, no dog poop roomnote that i could tell. i was relaxing outside while my son played in his kiddie pool. he decided to jump out and run around which resulted in a poo covered foot. This is the first "english blend" i've tried so i didn't any any expectations when i tried it. so it's considered average as far as the english blends go?

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I really cant smoke English blends in the heat . My head doesnt swim so much as just get " covered " in a film of smoke it seems . Maybe youre like me or maybe not .Try smoking it in the AC sometime

6. skaukatt

skaukatt Member

That would definitely be the Latakia speaking up in this blend. According to what I have read it packs the most volume of Latakia wallup than any of the other PS English type blends. I really like this blend and also found it in bulk form in a Savannah, GA. smokeshop down by the river. I also like PS Balkan Supreme which to my tastes has alot more going on in the blend through the smoke and is purported to be very close to the fabled Balkan Sobranie of old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.