1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Peterson Barrel, Army Mount

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mister Moo, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

YES!

[​IMG]

(Perfect for MacBarens Navy Flake.)

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

NO!......P-lip send it back. :growl:

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Nice pipe Moo! Pete has the barrels & tankards down pat for sure. Definitely a nice one for flakes. Can you get a replacement p-lip for that one? Would Peterson do that? Are they available?

:growl:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

4. Luckistrykes

Luckistrykes Member

sweet pipe!

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

YES! Fishtail...it's a keeper! :growl:
    Looks sweet! Where'd you get it? I may
    have to get one.

dp

6. kirbyb

kirbyb Member

Be careful with that thing; i had the same pipe and it broke off right at the base of the bowl. I loved it until then though, great 15-20 minute smoker.

7. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

Cool looking pipe.

8. Mister Moo

You betcha fishtail... I hate the Pfui-Lip. Now Jesla has Puff talking Pfui-Lip trash. Poo-Lip. Whatever.

Fact is I DO have a Pfui-Lip stem (left over from an old Pete tankard that cracked) but I'll probably never use it unless I break the fishtail. This pipe, no great bargain, came off of Ebay, Snake (or whatever you're calling yourself these days. I like "Snake", by the way, because I really like your avatar; would hate to see it go, especially now that I know you're pro-fishtail.). I've been waiting for the right one (like, "UNSMOKED") to show up for a long while. It showed and I knocked it off.

It is a fine little pipe and, first time around it rang right with MacNavy Flake. I think that's where it'll stay.

As kirbyb said, they do crack - mighty thin-walled little pipe. I'm smoking this one half bowls until the bottom is caked and then ease it on up to full. I guess it's a fragile little **** and demands a slow smoke. The few half bowls I've smoked so far lasted 30-mins - going slow and easy on this little gem. I hate they ever changed it - love the look of this guy.

9. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

Are you still on the road, Moo? I would think you'd have to break this one down for traveling on back roads because the stem looks pretty fragile, never mind the thin bowl. I'm thinking transport issues.

10. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Moo that is a gorgeous pipe, i have no experience with p-lips so i cant comment on that other than to say just by knowing what it does and what not, dont think ill ever be in to much of a hurry to try one. But i do love the Fishtail look just goes so good with that pipe, so great buy!!!!!! Hope you enjoy ever secound of it !!!!!!! :)

11. Mister Moo

Yo W'ing - I just put it on our postage scale and this 5.5" x 1.25" x 3/4" is a featherweight at exactly one ounce. It's a pleasure to clench and smoke because it just doesn't weigh much. I see the slender shank could crack without much effort, especially if challenged with frequent and/or hot removals (or with unecessary removals period). I'll take kirbyb's point and not ask the shank to do too much.

As far as travel, I couldn't think of a nicer pipe given reasonable care; this thing isn't precious to me. It's a neat little guy but Peterson cetainly didn't call out their best to drill the wood or work the vulcanite. The current version is only $55 approx.

12. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Great looking pipe. I'm with you on the fishtail. Never really liked the p-lip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.