1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

peterson pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by cincybilly, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincybilly

cincybilly New Member

I am considering buying a peterson estate pipe but was wondering if anyone knew any info on them. One of them is a shannon bent, the other is a dunmore bent. I cant seem to find any info if these pipes employ the "peterson system" reservoir in them? I want to try the system pipes but they are always more expensive than i can afford, but these two pipes seem to be a bit cheaper. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

CB the Shannon / Dunmore you're referring to is the pipe's finish. find out the model # and we can give you more info.

3. cincybilly

cincybilly New Member

the dunmore is a #72 the shannon is a #68>

4. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

The system pipes come in three finishes that I know of: smooth, rustic and ebony. In my opinion Peterson's are great pipes. I have three Peterson's at the moment and I love all three. Smoke great and look great. Just like Rugby said, what are the model numbers?

5. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Peterson Shape Chart

Neither is a System Pipe, pretty sure all the System Model #s are the 300 range

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

System Pipes are stamped "System Standard". The pipes in question are not system pipes. But don't hesitate to buy them - Petes can be quite charming.

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I've got a few Petes and they're all good smokers. A lot of the shapes have relatively small bowls so smokers frequently gravitate away from them as time goes on (I still smoke mine and enjoy them, but I won't be buying more anytime soon), but for someone starting out they're just about perfect.

8. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

If you have a chance to get a good pete i would not let it slip by, they are great smokers. My next pete will be a shannon serries, i LOVE the finish on them.

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I'll chime in here for Petes! I own a few, my fav is the "belgique" nice small "dainty" little flake burner, shirt pocket sized and I just love it. My other is a 264 Killarney...........I need to polish up the stem (oxidized fairly heavy, was left in the car for a number of years..........no wonder I couldn't find it!). Petes are great smokers and I don't feel you'll be regretting your purchase or pending purchase at all.

:thumbsu:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.