1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Peterson Question

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Njemt527, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

OK, go my first Pete today. its a very nice 80s. I'm on my second smoke in it, and it got me thinking. Every pipe I've smoked gurgled at some point during my smoke. This one hasn't. Are all Petersons pipes system pipes or just select ones?

2. erickghint

erickghint Member

Just certain ones. The 80s isn't a system pipe shape, that I know of. What it is, is a great looking bent bulldog (if memory serves me). Which Pete line is it from (killarney, aran, etc...)? Congrats on the purchase.

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

My experience with Petersons is limited and I'm only just coming round to trying them after a 25 year absence. As I understand it the Systems are a defined branded range and are mainly full bents. It was smoking a Peterson system African meer that got me in the mood to try these again as they didn't work for me first time round - my fault, I was smoking Condor Sliced wet and hard and even the System couldn't handle that.

Though the System is a range in it's own right, at least some others have a sump of some kind - I have a Donegal Rocky 999 half bent ( looks pretty like a Rhodesian to me ) and it has a sump next to where the smoke hole enters/exits the bowl.

There's guys with a lot more knowledge on this one than me however who'll be able to keep you (and me) right,

Happy smoking

Gerry

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I was schooled on this not too long ago. No, the 80s is not a system pipe. It is, however, a well made pipe...and well made pipes shouldn't gurgle unless you overwhelm them somehow...(sopping wet 'baccy, using it as a snorkel, etc.) There are many Pete fans here (and pipemakers!) who can clarify it much better than I.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Just sounds like a good pipe to me. :whistle:

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Ah, yes, the famous pipemaker's clarity.... :judge:

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Great way to celebrate your birthday! Many happy returns of the day https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsu.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.