1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Picking a Peterson: 307 or 312?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by jdto, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdto

jdto Active Member

I am considering a large, bent Peterson for my next PADquisition. After looking at many, I've narrowed things down to a 312 or a 307. As far as finish goes, I am thinking ebony, but the black sandblast is also very nice. Does anyone have either or both of these pipes? Photos? Side by sides? How do they compare to one another? Feedback would be most appreciated.

K Williams likes this.

2. snowman

snowman Member

I have a 7 day set of the 307s as I enjoy a large bowl.I dont have any 312 its a smaller bowl but everyone I know who has one loves them so its all in choice.

K Williams and jdto like this.
  3. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

I've been eyeballing the 307 for sometime. I'm looking for a big pipe though. I guess it all depends on how much time you have to sit and smoke. Heres a chart I found. It references the size of the bowls compaired to their #. http://www.ashtoncigar.com/Petersonpipes.pdf The system pipes are on page 2

Hope it helps.

jdto likes this.
  4. jdto

jdto Active Member

Thanks for that, it's a good guide.

From what I've been reading on some of the sites that post measurements, the actual chamber dimensions aren't that different. Like within a mm or two between the 307 and the 312.

5. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

I guess if you have a local shop try and feel them both out and see which one you like better. Or buy both from an e-tailer and return the one you don't like.

6. jdto

jdto Active Member

I went for the 312.

K Williams likes this.
  7. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

The 312 is my favourite Pete system pipe. The proportions of bowl size and stem length seem just right. What finish did you get?

8. jdto

jdto Active Member

Ebony finish. I really like the elegant look.

9. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

The funny thing is when this post was started, I was bidding on a 307. As I type this I am a winner of a 312. Go figure.

jdto likes this.
  10. jdto

jdto Active Member

LOL nice! I think, at some point, I'll probably get a 307, as well. I've already got my eye on one, but I'll have to wait until some more play money comes in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.