1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipa Croci

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by maddis, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddis

maddis Sales Account

Taking a brief vacation with my wife in Wilmington, NC and I stopped in Davison tobacconists. They had a nice selection but the one that caught my eye repeatedly was a Pipa Croci True bent dublin with a smooth finish. I can't say I've ever seen this much pipe for $165 at a retailer. Light as a feather, beautiful grain, and an elegant design. The owner was telling me that the company was recently sold by the original owner. Anyone else had experience with these pipes. I'm guessing it will smoke well but on the beach with a howling wind is not the best way to break in a new pipe now is it?!

Michael

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

Michael, I'm not familiar with that particular pipe maker but its Italian made, that speaks volumes already. An Italian made pipe smokes the sweetest of any briar pipe I have ever owned and just today, I picked up three new Savinelli pipes myself. :)

3. OldAtHeart

OldAtHeart Member

I've got one that I absolutely love. You won't find better craftsmanship many places. I honestly don't know why this brand isn't better known.

Here's mine-

[​IMG]

4. Marc

Marc Active Member

Nice wood and I bet it does smoke good! I have yet to own a bad smoking Italian briar. :blink:

5. OldAtHeart

OldAtHeart Member

The best parts of this pipe don't show in the pic. The comfort in the hand and mouth are unmatched. The shape and size are perfect for me.

6. maddis

maddis Sales Account

Mine is very similar in shape and I'm guessing size as well. The bowl is more of a Dublin but the shank and stem are very similar. From what I've read, this is (was?) a shop of 3 carvers and they do not mass produce shapes.

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

I think you are correct, Pipa Croci is a small shop and their pipes are hand made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.