1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe I.D.?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by kilograham, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilograham

kilograham New Member

I'd like to know if there is a pipe similar to this one that is still in production or easily found on eBay or elsewhere. Thanks everybody.
    [​IMG]

If you're wonder why, it's the closest I could find to the pipe in the new Sherlock Holmes movie, haha.
    [​IMG]

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

3. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Ill have to agree with Sasquatch i looked at all my pipe spots and the Cup o Joes is the best priced for the bings favorite i could find. Hope it works out for you and you get your pipe!!

4. WillH

WillH Active Member

Ya know I heard alot about that movie and how wrong, horrible and what a disservice it did to the legend on Sherlock Holmes.

As I remember the Sherlock Series booklets were designed mainly to entertain people waiting in train stations. I bought the latest movie and rather enjoyed it! It was entertaining. Nothing serious just pure kick back entertainment! Bet Conan Doyle would have laughed his ass off......

The pipe is a neat idea.

Will

5. kilograham

kilograham New Member

I thought the movie was great, and the director is one of my favorites. Thanks a lot guys thats an awesome match!

6. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

Looks alot like a KingsCross feather weight made by Savenelli.
    Savinelli's own Kings Cross Featherweight Pipes are for the times when you want a short smoke.
    Each bowl holds about 1/2 of what a normal size would hold.
    They are excellent smokers and have been produced for many many years.

I have one for sale but not rusticated and has replaced stem, still have the original stem but had a bite hole in it.
    Pm me for a pic if you are interested.

7. Twan013

Twan013 Member

looks like my great-granddad's pipe. my grandmother put it and a pair of my great g'mothers glasses in a shadowbox with a picture of them together. smallest pipe i've ever seen! looks like you could put your pinky in the bowl and would be right at the first knuckle.. I never knew my great g-dad, but granny passed on when i was about 10. But anyway, i wish i knew what kind of tobacco he smoked.. I also want to buy a pipe like his.. i guess to have some connection, even though i never knew him

EDIT: oh, i think his was smooth finish, and the bowl pointed outward a little more, instead of straight up

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

There's a guy in Italy who sells them on evil-bay. ~$9USD + shipping (very reasonable). I believe the entire pipe + shipping from Italy to USA is ~$15-19 bucks. Otherwise, my local Fader's (Catonsville location, Maryland, if you're looking) sells them for about $30 + shipping/tax/etc. I've got several! They fit into the shirt pocket so nicely and give a very satisfying 15-20 minute smoke. Flakes are awesome in them.

PipeDan is absolutely right. They are by Savinelli "Kings Cross" Featherweights. They come in all different shapes and bowls, even a neat little churchwarden!

But, I do believe the one that Mr Seerluck is holding is quite bigger although Morton Downey Jr is not that big of a guy, I still don't believe the pipe he's smoking/holding is as small as a KC Featherwt.

Great little pipes. Even if you pay full price ~$30-ish, they are worth every penny especially if you enjoy flaked toby and leave it whole or cubecut it.

:thumbsu:
    Ed Puff!

9. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Excellent call. Good eye.

10. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

I think it's a King's Cross by Sav... Smaller than the pipe from the movie. I think the Sav Bing's favoite matches the size of the movie pipe and it has a little more curve to the stem that the KC. I have a Bing's, it has a gold dot on the top of the bit rather than the two white hash markes on the side. It is a larger than the KC pipes, but not too big. I love mine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.