1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe ID

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by wobble, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wobble

wobble Member

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/234/20121003171409.jpg

Hi trying to id this pipe. Its a onepiece with no markings.

Look like bacolight and has what looks like clay in the bowl.
    Any help would be grand. Hope this works as I've never loaded a pic before.

2. wobble

wobble Member

Anyone got any ideas ?

3. Pappy

Pappy Member

Without any markings it’s may be a bugger to identify, but I’ll try to throw you a bone. If it IS bakelite, that would indicate that the pipe was from the 1920’s, possibly manufactured in France. Being all black is a bit different then the few I had seen the past. Those were a honey yellow or black stem with a colored bowl. If its possible that the pipe is made of Pyrolytic Graphite, (and that’s what I think you have), that would age the pipe from between 1965 to 1973 and probably made in England. Check this current discussion on “The Pipe” for more info on Pyrolytic Graphite pipes. Not much help but it’s all I have.

https://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/the-pipe-who-has-smoked-one-and-how-good-was-it.21037/page-2#post-386155

Old Codger likes this.
  4. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Looks like "The Pipe" to me too, don't scrape too hard at that clay looking liner, it may be graphite.

5. wobble

wobble Member

Cheers guys. Ment to say that the bottom of the bowl is flat. Never heard of this stuff . Cheers for all you help.

6. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Looks like a Bent Bob to me. Is it really small-bowled?

7. West4955

West4955 Member

Looks like an earlier version of "The Pipe". If you intend on smoking it pack the bowl lightly and sip slowly, I'm guessing by the way it looks it may get a bit toasty. Good looking pipe though.

8. wobble

wobble Member

The bowl is a good size . It is very straight and it smoker very well and not too hot.

9. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I have two that are quite similar looking, both are black one piece pipes with a round airway and thin walled bowl. It appears to be a vulcanite coating over it, since it has SOME discoloration on one.

EDIT: Pipe says GERMANY on the shank. I still can't believe how dirty they were when I got them.

10. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

11. wobble

wobble Member

Cheers mate . A great help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.