Pipe Making Daydreams

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Labman, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labman

Labman Member

So, I was looking through some older posts here on PSF when I came across a picture David Emond had posted of his lovely Peterson Sherlock Holmes collection of pipes. Just beautiful!

Anyways, that got me to daydreaming about which IP (i.e. book, movie, TV series, comic, etc.) I would make into a pipe collection...you know, if I knew how to make pipes. Well, the one that I chose is the Three Amigos! :D

[​IMG]

I know you're probably thinking "why Three Amigos?" but hear me out on this. I mean, for one thing I loved that delightfully funny movie when I was a kid and it's always held a soft spot in my heart! For another, I think it would make a pretty cool 3 pipe collection based on the 3 characters/stars of the movie.

My 3 pipe collection would include:
    1. Cherrywood shaped and partially sandblasted bottom - This would represent Chevy Chase's character Dusty Bottoms. Get it dust = sand...so Dusty Bottoms = sandblasted bottom. Oh and Cherrywood shaped because Chevy and Cherry are very similar words. ;)
    2. Bent Dublin - This would represent Steve Martin's character Lucky Day. Whenever I hear the word luck I automatically think of "the luck of the Irish" and, since Dublin is in Ireland I figured it would be the perfect shape. Also, I settled on a bent pipe because Steve Martin has a wonderfully bent sense of humour that I rather enjoy!
    3. Stubby Canadian - This one is based entirely on Martin Short and and not his character. It's simple...Martin Short is Canadian and his last name is short, so a Stubby Canadian would fit perfectly!
    And there you have it...my daydream custom pipe collection! So what do you think? :D
    What pipe collection would you make?

2. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I'd do the four horsemen of the apocalypse, if you're day dreaming, you have to dream big... right? I'm not sure how I'd do each pipe, though... but that would be a theme I could work with.

Malcontent and Labman like this.
  3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

But would you want to put a pestilence pipe in your mouth? :confused:

Labman likes this.
  4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.....certainly some fertile imaginations and unbridled fantasies on this board!....:ohyh:

Labman likes this.
  5. Labman

Labman Member

Hah hah...true enough! I have to do something to keep me busy until my metal pipes get here. :D

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

don't you have a PS3...or 4...or whatever they've gotten to now? :ohyh:

Raffxr7 and Labman like this.
  7. JohnTErskine

JohnTErskine Member

I need to have a Back To The Future pipe set. It would have one for 1985 Dr. Emmett Brown, [​IMG]

1955 George McFly, [​IMG]

2015 Biff Tannen [​IMG]

& 1885 Seamus McFly [​IMG]

PipeSimmo and Labman like this.
  8. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Sigh. We just had another CES, and still no mention of hovering skateboards.

JohnTErskine and Labman like this.
  9. Labman

Labman Member

We still have a few more years. Fingers crossed! :D

10. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

Famine would have to be a pipe with the bowl drilled all the way through. You'd just have to sit there looking at some beautiful briar that couldn't be smoked. Quite the nightmare.

Kiowapipe and Raffxr7 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.