• This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Ted

Gone but not forgotten
That is a nice piece of briar!
Yes, I suppose it is "a nice piece of briar", but to me (and I stress to me) - a piece of briar that I can't really clench and enjoy smoking regularly will soon find a new home, or more likely not have been bought in the first place!. I don't have "show pipes", just smokers, each to his own - of course!, and YMMV etc., but I do believe a lot of the so-called 'boutique' pipe designer/carvers are more concerned with showcaseing their artistic abilities - than catering for the needs of tobacco lovers!. (sorry!)
OT

user2428

Yes, I suppose it is "a nice piece of briar", but to me (and I stress to me) - a piece of briar that I can't really clench and enjoy smoking regularly will soon find a new home, or more likely not have been bought in the first place!. I don't have "show pipes", just smokers, each to his own - of course!, and YMMV etc., but I do believe a lot of the so-called 'boutique' pipe designer/carvers are more concerned with showcaseing their artistic abilities - than catering for the needs of tobacco lovers!. (sorry!)
OT
Thats right!! Thats why we dig ugly hunks of briar that look like shop class projects!! I think we should just start smoking predrills and fugeddaboudit!!

Just pokin fun OT!!! I agree with you, but sometimes pretty pipes are nice to have...right!?!?

Xecutech

I will agree that it cannot be clenched, but it's not my every day pipe. I do smoke it and it fits very well in the hand. I very rarely hold a pipe in my mouth, but if that was the case, we'd all smoke corn cob pipes?! lol

Now I purchase pipes based on size, but this was an impulse buy when I first started smoking. I was able to pick it up wholesale at a trade show and couldn't resist!

Old Ted

Gone but not forgotten
Thats right!! Thats why we dig ugly hunks of briar that look like shop class projects!! I think we should just start smoking predrills and fugeddaboudit!!

Just pokin fun OT!!! I agree with you, but sometimes pretty pipes are nice to have...right!?!?
Point taken! - but it is a joy when a carver produces something with beauty of form, balance and style - and still extremely smokeable , and I've seen plenty of documentary and photographic evidence that several such talented gents are among the ranks of this board!:th1:
OT

user2428

Point taken! - but it is a joy when a carver produces something with beauty of form, balance and style - and still extremely smokeable , and I've seen plenty of documentary and photographic evidence that several such talented gents are among the ranks of this board!:th1:
OT
Including yourself...still love the cob mods!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.