1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe Pot Luck

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Prof, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Uh Oh......I gotta go. Be right back. :startl:

dBear likes this.

2. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I'll never understand why people do the things they do to pipes. I clean mine like I'm cleaning up a murder scene. My cobs don't even have scorched rims for cripes sake! And I'm no clean freak per se. But I do obsess over my stuff. I clean golf clubs as I go....lol!

3. jdto

jdto Active Member

I've had a couple that were pretty nasty, including a Stanwell that was "smoked shut". I mean, there was barely room to get any tobacco into the bowl and the stem was so gunked up, I don't even get how the previous owner had smoked it for the last few times before deciding it was done.

4. Prof

Prof Member

Wow, that is incredible. To each his own - I guess I see it as wanting to take care of the pipe shows some respect for the maker, who has graced me with a very old piece of wood and their skill and toil (which I paid for, true). Probably a stupid way to think about it, romanticizing pipes, but I have several pipes by makers that I know are dead, (Clarence Mickles for instance), and I like to think he put some of himself into the pipe, and would appreciate me taking care of the pipe he carved with nothing but files...Ok, so I am weird that way...

dBear likes this.
  5. user3221

user3221 Member

That is not surprising.

I had a fellow ask me how to clean one of my long river reed stems and asked if hot soap water would work

hmmm ( here your sign buddy )

needless to say this guy messed up a good pipe within a couple weeks and was a returning customer

6. Prof

Prof Member

Dishwashers...awesome! Just don't seem fittin'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.