Pipe Racks

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about some pics of pipe storage, I would like to find a home for my new hobby and need ideas......

I was surfing the internet for a 6-10 pipe rack. I remember my Grandfather having one, a glass jar in the center and the pipes in a circle around it......

I couldn't find anything......

But I did find this site, looks like nice stuff.....http://www.twocousinspiperacks.com/Home.html

Someday, when I have real pipe collection, a nice cabinet like this will be in the den.....

Rugbysh9

Tuna Can Monty said:
How about some pics of pipe storage, I would like to find a home for my new hobby and need ideas......

I was surfing the internet for a 6-10 pipe rack. I remember my Grandfather having one, a glass jar in the center and the pipes in a circle around it......

I couldn't find anything......

But I did find this site, looks like nice stuff.....http://www.twocousinspiperacks.com/Home.html

Someday, when I have real pipe collection, a nice cabinet like this will be in the den.....

Wow! Those look like some hierloom quality pieces. Would def love to get one of the larger cabinets one day when we finally buy a house.

jamie7

I've done a few spice racks and spoon racks from the thrift stores that convert quite easily with a forstner bit, stain to match and some varnish. Not bad for $2-$3 a pop. I saw another pipe rack that was a converted nic-nac corner shelf with a few slots drilled/cut into the top shelf that made a nice rack for 4 or 5 pipes with the bottom shelf for tins.

I like the rack in the pics though for sure! Nice.

Maximus

Since I am avid about my Petersons, I want a couple of these if I can ever find them....

Or something similar to the the ones Demented posted.

Demented

Jesla said:
...however they cost a pretty coin.
The first, is a Savinelli 36 pipe cabinet, for $1300.00? they can keep it!

Second and third pictured are available from Smokingpipes.com, the round rack holds 18 pipes, $56.00 isn't a bad price.

Maximus

Demented said:
The first, is a Savinelli 36 pipe cabinet, for $1300.00? they can keep it!

Second and third pictured are available from Smokingpipes.com, the round rack holds 18 pipes, $56.00 isn't a bad price.
I had imagined the Sav would be $$, but it is a gem in any case. There was a gentleman, Chuck, who made racks and such for an affordable price. I wonder if he is still around the forums. I believe his website was Chuck's pipe furniture or something like that, but all the links I have found dead end.

Rugbysh9

Maximus said:
I had imagined the Sav would be $$, but it is a gem in any case. There was a gentleman, Chuck, who made racks and such for an affordable price. I wonder if he is still around the forums. I believe his website was Chuck's pipe furniture or something like that, but all the links I have found dead end.
Max if you happen to run across it plase share or at least shoot me a PM. I would love to find a cabinet I can mount on the wall above my fly tying desk / tobacco cellar (2 of the 3 drawers)

jvande7

Here's my sad excuse for a pipe rack :(

Someday I'll get a better one but it does the job for now.

https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=194

Oglethorpe

Man I don't even have a pipe rack. I am pretty close to being in desperate need of one though. I like that one that Demented put up. I might grab it.

Traderbob

I also have been kicking around the idea of a pipe rack. I have a couple of old ones that work....but I move my smoking area from my screened porch to my shop during the winter. I thought about building one out of wood sort of like a small saleman's case. 18" wide x 18" high with a handle on the top, two folding "doors". The inside back and folding doors would be lined with felt and have the same wall hangers that the pipe shops use so you could customize the case to fit your pipes. The back of the main part would have two keyholes so that I could hang it on the wall in the shop.

Hmmmm ... I may need to sell shares for a start-up business...Traderbob's Pipe Cases LTD. :puff:

Rugbysh9

Oglethorpe said:
Man I don't even have a pipe rack. I am pretty close to being in desperate need of one though. I like that one that Demented put up. I might grab it.
For $1,300 :eek:? Wanna buy me tone too :D ?

Rugbysh9

Oglethorpe said:
Haha.. no I meant the round one for 54 bucks. BUT.. I just grabbed this off eBay. It holds 8 pipes, and I don't plan on going much higher than that.
For # of pipes? I think your in denial :p

Rugbysh9 said:
For $1,300 :eek:? Wanna buy me tone too :D ?

$1300 would buy me a router, tablesaw, and some real expensive tropical hardwoods. I would then make it myself, and use the hundreds of dollars left over from my money to buy some pipes to fill it.

Tinderfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.