1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe received, and given away

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by gunslinger84, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Awhile back I received a couple of pipes from Dwaugh that he was giving away to a good home, and recently I past one over to a friend that just starting out with pipe smoking. The pipe was made from a cherry wood branch that had bark still on the bowl, my friend really didn't like it with the bark so that was removed. The stem was cleaned and polished, the shank had a few cracks it so the leather wrap was removed, glue was applied to the cracks, and the shank was rewrapped with a heavy string and coated with clear fingernail polish. The bowl was sanded smooth. The bowl was also given a salt and alcohol bath. Once everything was completed a have the pipe a couple of test runs to make sure ok for my friend. I smoked some charter hall in and didn't notice anything out of ordinary. The pipe was handed off to my friend who is now enjoying it. He told me today he smoked his first bowl in it last night and said he really enjoyed it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks again Dwaugh for sending me the two pipes, my friend is really enjoying his new pipe.

Gunslinger,

Raffxr7 and dwaugh like this.

2. Goat

Goat Active Member

That's not a Ropp is it?

3. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Interesting looking pipe. It looks completely different than it's original state.

gunslinger84 likes this.
  5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

The reworking looks very nice!

gunslinger84 likes this.
  6. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

That came out pretty nice. I'd smoke it.

gunslinger84 likes this.
  7. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I like the new wrap on the shank, I would have left the bowl natural but it ain't my pipe ;) pretty cool.

gunslinger84 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.