1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe refurb person in Vero Beach

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by clm42, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clm42

clm42 Member

TurnAnyone know who does pipe refurbishing in Vero Beach, FL? My local shop sends pipes down there to someone and I wanted a status report if I could get one. Its been a few weeks and I'm getting antsy. It was a used pipe I bought at an antique shop for $13. I just thought it was nice looking pipe with a huge bowl. Turned out to be Savinelli Autograph grade 8. The pipe shop said its about an 800 dollar pipe new at retail.

2. clm42

clm42 Member

Nevermind, I just got a call that my pipe has returned from the deeper south.

nesta likes this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Nice, hope it comes back in great shape for you!

Mark w4mms likes this.
  4. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Hope you enjoy it... $800 pipe for $13, what a score!

nesta likes this.
  5. clm42

clm42 Member

Well its in alright condition. There are some small gouges inside the bowl but to be honest the cake was 3/8inthick in some places. Some blobs were thicker. That means i have no idea eht the inside of the bowl looked like before i bought it. For all I knew the thing had deep burns in the briar (luckily it doesnt). I will try to post some pics this weekend. Its a giant pipe, almost as deep as my thumb is long. Gonna borrow some calipers to measure it. The outside is buffed up great though. It looks dang nice.

Mark w4mms likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.