Pipe Smoking Holiday

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Stonewall, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

...after not taking holidays for the last three years thinking I'd be a mature, career dedicated adult, I've determined, along with my Wife (while supplies last) to set out for a week in the wilds of northern Saskatchewan for, what should be, awesome Pickerel (Walleye for us Yanks) fishing, binge drinking, pipe smoking (taking a suitcase of tobaccos) and all around, zero f^$ks given about anything...

I'll post some photos in whatever topic appropriate section of the forum they go in upon return.

If for whatever reason I don't make it back from wilderness because I've become the breakfast of some, Wolf, Bear, or Coyote, or...George Dickel White Label, tws nice e-knowin' yas.:puffy:

Cheers!:toast:

2. Russ

Russ Member

Leave us GPS coordinates so in case that does happen we can save the suitcase.

3. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Just make a right at Tim Hortons and drive until you run out of road. There will be a drunken Indian with a Trooper t-shirt on standing at the spruce tree that will guide you the rest of the way.

dwaugh likes this.
  4. Russ

Russ Member

That sounds like to much work. Just dont get eaten.

Stonewall likes this.
  5. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

Wherebouts? Athabasca? Some fantastic fishing lakes north and east of Uranium City. Next bay west of Uranium City used to be good for pickerel. Would catch plenty and use them to feed the dogs. Those dogs smelled to high heaven if they got rained on.

Stonewall likes this.
  6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I'm headed to Duck Mountain Lake this time around. So not too far north and near Manatoba. The last expedition was 2 hours north of Prince ALbert. Now that was a wilderness journey fer sure. I hear DM is nice this year. And full of Pickerel.

7. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Member

[quote="...awesome Pickerel (Walleye for us Yanks) fishing, binge drinking, pipe smoking (taking a suitcase of tobaccos) and all around, zero f^$ks given about anything...[/quote]

Sounds like Heaven, especially the "zero f^$ks given about anything" part. If there was an "envy" emoticon available, I'd be deploying it about now.

Enjoy.

Stonewall likes this.
  8. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Sounds like Heaven, especially the "zero f^$ks given about anything" part. If there was an "envy" emoticon available, I'd be deploying it about now.

Enjoy.[/quote]

No need for envy brother. Get on up here someday. It's the last frontier. You can really get losted. We never go fancy. Just rough it. I love the wilderness.

9. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

Beautiful country. Flew a Norseman out of P.A. to Fort Chip and back a couple of time. Lots of nice detours to check oil levels.
    Enjoy!

Ah, we got plenty of room to load all this in, we did it last time and took off. Few minutes later as the plane fails to clear the trees at the end of the lake and augurs a new path through the brush: Isn't this where we landed last time Bill?

Stonewall likes this.
  10. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Haha! Fun times, eh! You a bush pilot, OC?

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member

Not commercial, was just fortunate in that I got to drive a variety of planes.

12. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Sounds like fun, don't forget the bug spray.

13. Trippwire

Trippwire Member

Or a lighter..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.