1. Sales and advertising are not allowed in this section. This forum is for discussing pipe making only.

If a pipe or item is for sale, or potentially for sale, do not post it in this forum section.

Dismiss Notice

Pipe Sock Questions

Discussion in 'Pipe Making Forums' started by halpuff, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member

They look nice and perhaps provide some protection, but most of the ones I have are velvety on the outside and crappy inside, leaving me to feel they are for looks only.

2. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

For looks only? I tend to agree. It is not an exact parallel, but it puts me in the mind of the nice box in which an iPhone or iPad arrives. Nice, but I don't ever return to those boxes for storage. I'm using those products -- just like my pipes.

3. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

All my petersons have come with socks, although they're hardly mindblowing quality and feel a bit cheap. That said, they do the job!

All my Savinellis have come in "dust bags" which dont have draw strings but do a good enough job of protecting I suppose.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member

I'd prefer they shipped in microfiber bags like sunglasses do. These both look nice and protect.

browny likes this.
  5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Well-Known Member

Good point Bruce.

6. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Our Kaywoodie 2013 POY came in a sock. It is just about perfect to store my camera in. Keeps the dust off.

7. halpuff

halpuff Member

Great looking sock Basil. What a perfect fit for your business name. Too bad it's discontinued.
    What kind of cloth is it? Is it felt?
    Does the sock have a drawstring in it?

8. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

It's a kind of felt. And yep, there's a black draw string. Works good on the smooth pipes, but the deep rusticated ones can be a task getting in and out, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.