• Sales and advertising are not allowed in this section. This forum is for discussing pipe making only.

If a pipe or item is for sale, or potentially for sale, do not post it in this forum section.

Pipe Sock Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie

They look nice and perhaps provide some protection, but most of the ones I have are velvety on the outside and crappy inside, leaving me to feel they are for looks only.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
They look nice and perhaps provide some protection, but most of the ones I have are velvety on the outside and crappy inside, leaving me to feel they are for looks only.
For looks only? I tend to agree. It is not an exact parallel, but it puts me in the mind of the nice box in which an iPhone or iPad arrives. Nice, but I don't ever return to those boxes for storage. I'm using those products -- just like my pipes.

All my petersons have come with socks, although they're hardly mindblowing quality and feel a bit cheap. That said, they do the job!

All my Savinellis have come in "dust bags" which dont have draw strings but do a good enough job of protecting I suppose.

halpuff

My briars have socks, we found some nice fabric at the local Hancocks that looked perfect. My wife makes them and it just seems like a nice touch.

Not sure what we'll do when this fabric runs out. They quit carrying it.
Great looking sock Basil. What a perfect fit for your business name. Too bad it's discontinued.
What kind of cloth is it? Is it felt?
Does the sock have a drawstring in it?

Basil Meadows

Great looking sock Basil. What a perfect fit for your business name. Too bad it's discontinued.
What kind of cloth is it? Is it felt?
Does the sock have a drawstring in it?
It's a kind of felt. And yep, there's a black draw string. Works good on the smooth pipes, but the deep rusticated ones can be a task getting in and out, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.