1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe stories anyone?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tudorp, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

This is a great thread! I recently introduced my son to pipes and we occasionally have pipeful together. I've gotten him a nice Pete system pipe for Christmas. I'm hoping that long after I'm gone he and my grandkids will think of me everytime they catch of whiff of pipe smoke.

MakDragon likes this.

2. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

I gaurantee they will think of you often. The memory of the aroma of the toby will only act as a stimulant to those memories!

3. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

I've prolly been the worst about bashing CB but I'll never do it again. I never thought I might be trampling on somebody's memories. As someone has already mentioned on this thread, scent is one of the strongest means of triggering memories. Smelling pipe smoke out in the deer woods brings back all sorts of wonderful memories of my own childhood.

4. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

I never thought you were trampling on my memories. I really have tried to like CBW and just cant get past the goop. I love the pouch aroma though and the room note is a killer (memories included)
    Funny the reason I take it with me now during deer season. My wife's uncle would get a deer every year shortly after lighting up a filterless Camel cigarette. He said it masked his scent. Who knows, but he came home with venison every season! While hunting in his stand the year after he passed, I looked down and found the oxidized remnant of the cartrige he used to take his final deer the previous year.
    So every year, besides the necessities, I take a pouch of CBW, my dedicated pipe for that event, and his final cartridge. It may not make the deer come any quicker of more frequently, but oh how I feel the presence of those great men with me for the day!

5. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I've really enjoted reading this thread, I had this little story I was going to share about how I almost ruined my Dr. Grabow but this turned out tobe one enjoyable read! Thanks everybody for the great stories and memories! :puffy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.