Pipes and Tackle to the Pub

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Wicker Man, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Member

[​IMG]
    I've just had an e-mail asking about the bag so I thought I'd re-post but in a general tab and not the what are you smoking in your Meer where the above quotes come from.
    from e-mail Is it a military style bag ?
    answer:- It was one of Mrs W's which she bought at a shop in Skipton which was closing down I liked the look of it, being made of a really strong canvas and leather, but said nothing, till a few weeks later Mrs W. was complaining that it just wasn’t large enough, l looked up stockists on the internet, and offered to drive her to Ilkley so she could buy herself a larger one which she did, I then said “can I have the old one then if it’s too small for you” (there’s method in my madness) what really took my eye was the cartridge style leather strap inside, it couldn’t have been for pens ? probably just fashion ! but I’ve found a good use, here the pipes are just pulled out, a bit,to photo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cheers Wicker Man

Longshanks, bubbagump, Labman and 7 others like this.

2. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Nice set up! I wish we could still light up at the pubs here in Chicago.

3. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Nice set-up! Love the bear...scarf, boutonniere and all.

Wicker Man likes this.
  4. jdto

jdto Active Member

I like that bag. I need a new cloth bag, as my leather one can be a bit much in the summer. I'm gonna check out that website, thanks, WM!

5. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Really like that bag, was going to ask you about it after seeing it in another thread.

Gunslinger,

6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

That is a nice kit! I've got a bear or two hanging about myself. I keep getting them as gifts. I can't ~bare to toss them out. {Dr. Bombay laugh}

Wicker Man likes this.
  7. noodle

noodle Member

The photo is somewhat let down by the black ikea family bag.

Ive two for lure fishing one for bass one for perch

8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Member

Well spotted - £1.50 at Settle Age Concern Charity shop on an every thing 1/2 price day so not bad for 75p and looks new, I tend to put the Troop bag the Bear and camera in other wise you get funny looks with a Teddy cradled under your arm, a bit like the Mayor ruffinogold walking about with Cowboy hat, Corduroy jacket, Chaps and Rowel Spurs with "Jingo Bobs" in Skipton ! #48 https://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/corncobs-must-i.25245/page-3#post-482802
    cheers Wicker Man

jdto and jpberg like this.
  9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Member

If the pipes lit I'm outside, so I tend to look out for pubs with good beer and some where sheltered to smoke outside,
    we've got 600 snout in trough politicians
    [​IMG]
    telling 60,000,000 people what they can do and not do,
    they must be putting something in the drinking water for so many to go along
    and just to rub it in they can smoke in their houses of parliment bar !
    cheers Wicker Man :msty:

jdto, dBear and jpberg like this.
  10. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Nice purse.:D Seriously though...that's pretty cool.

11. craig

craig Active Member

nice set up wickerman the guy whos shop i go to for pipe cleaners and stuff like that i was interested to see if he had a propper leather combination pipe pouch as my old one was just a cloth lorenzo draw string pouch he gave me when i got my birthday falcon, it did its job but wanted something a little more tidyer and nicer, so asked him and he had a leather brand new pipe combination pouch that he had took off sale because no one wanted it and he even knocked a good number of pounds off it got it for 8 quid i may have to post some pics up at some point

12. noodle

noodle Member

Local shops yielded nothing for me either so I made my own from a leather cushion that was just lying around.
    Ill pop a pic up as long as you all promise not to laugh to much

13. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

I found a decent pipe bag in a truck stop for $10. It was marketed as a toiletries bag, was made out of some waterproof materials and looked decent. When I opened it I saw ample room for tobacco pouches and tins, and it had plenty of pockets for filters, tampers, lighters, etc. It even had a few elastic holders against the back that work well for holding multiple pipes.

I put it to use last week, and it worked great. The camera is on the charger right now, but I'll post a pic soon.

14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Member

:xd::laff::haha:and that's only for the bad cushion lying around pun

15. craig

craig Active Member

mine holds a falcon pipe perfectly in the bottom along with pipe cleaners, the top holds a pouch of carter hall or a small metal tin which holds a couple of bowls worth of tobacco matches or lighter and tamp

16. noodle

noodle Member

I hadnt picked up on that one myself. I am good at puns though recently in southport my wife jokingly said having seen the mayor outside one of those we buy your gold shops
    "we should grab his chain and cash it in quick"
    My response which I thought was rather humourous even if I do say so myself
    " maybe but could we live with the gilt"
    She really failed to appreciate the humour other than calling me a sarcastic sod

Wicker Man, jpberg and dBear like this.
  17. craig

craig Active Member

feeling your pain noodle my fiancee often looks at me as though she wants to stab me after another of my shockingly bad attempts at humour and always get called a sarcastic sod sarcasm maybe the lowest form of wit but it suits me to the ground :D

18. noodle

noodle Member

Im waiting for the moment when we see a busker with a small wood strung instrument and she says nice lute or something and I can call her a lyre

Anyway here is my cunningly fashioned pouch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has three compartments and I decided on a roll design to give me some room to play with, its stitched with 100lb fireline

Wicker Man and craig like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.