1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipes from the 1950's

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BradNTX, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Another member posted about buying some 1950's pipes from ebay. I followed his link to the seller's info and saw that he had a couple more lots. One of the lots had a decent little bulldog, of which I have none. So, I placed a conservative bid and got the little group of 5 pipes.

I picked them up yesterday and did a little light cleaning and inspecting. I swabbed all the bowls with vodka, and did the same with a pipe cleaner down the stems. I then wiped them down and will say I'm happy to have got the lot for the bulldog.

They are a Digby London Made bulldog, 2 Medico filter pipes, a Puffies, and a Drimaster. The latter 2 have stingers. I have no interest in a pipe with a filter and have never used a stinger, so may not be into that either. Not sure what I will do with the others, but thought I would post pics.

Digby London Made
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 2 Medico filter pipes- the finishes some scratches, but the briar is fine
    [​IMG]

Drimaster stinger pipe
    [​IMG]

Puffies Imported stinger pipe
    [​IMG]

Gary, Lestrade, RTOdhner and 2 others like this.

2. Jay

Jay Active Member

Nice haul Brad. the bully is great, and so are the other 2. Hope this keeps yer fire lit for a while. All this and the new Neerup? You've got some smoking to do man!

3. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Member

Nice haul! I have a soft spot for Digby's, especially Digby bulldogs. Matter of fact, I'm smokin the one in my avatar right now :)

4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I like that bulldog... great score

5. furious

furious Junque collector

Nice score!! If that's the same guy I got the Kaywoodie Yachtsmans from, you probably did get a good deal. My pipes buffed up well and smoke nicely.

6. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Nice score Brad!

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Great score, Brad! Those Medicos are
    sweet!

8. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

Beautiful Digby! Congrats on a great score..........

9. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

You guys only fuel my addiction with these pictures. Shame on you.

TRAVIS and Gary like this.
  10. BradNTX

It's how I caught PAD, and even how I found these pipes... PSFers are a baaaaad influence!

Gary and SouthBound like this.
  11. BradNTX

I've been breaking in the Digby bulldog this week. I chose Cornel & Diehl Interlude, which is a blend I've never had before. I received it on trade from Puff. The Digby is a great pipe, easy draw and comfortable bit. The weight is nice for clenching too.

I smoked a couple of 1/3 bowls, let it sit a day and then a couple of half bowls. The heel caked up pretty good, so am smoking a full bowl today. I'm surprised at how much I like this pipe, considering how little I paid for it. Interlude has been a nice surprise too with a very smooth, slightly sweet Virginia flavor.

The two Medicos found a home with Snake (dp) in trade for a tin of Capstan Gold. I think I'll give one of the remaining two to my F-I-L when they come down for Christmas.

el guero likes this.
  12. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nice haul!

13. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Nice score. That's a good looking bulldog!

14. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

Good looking bulldog, and a good cleanup you can see the original tool marks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.