1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipes made in Argentina

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Alejo, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alejo

Alejo Member

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/dsc09904o.jpg/

Hello friends.
    These are some of my pipes. To show something different I decided to show only pipes manufactured in Argentina.
    The center pipe is a "D´Capo ", made ​​by a craftsman. The others are "Luigi" and "Cassano. "
    All are of Italian briar.
    I hope you like them.
    Greetings

2. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Nice collection, Alejo. Do you live in Argentina?

3. JayinHK

JayinHK Member

Nice looking pipes! I've been to Buenos Aires once and I loved it! Beautiful town and the women were stunning!

4. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Son muy guapas sus pipas, y parecen bien hechas, también. Gracias para mostrando las.

Herb

5. robb allen

robb allen Member

6. Beale

Beale Active Member

Very nice collection! Beale.

7. Alejo

Alejo Member

Thank you all for your responses.
    Actually I live in Buenos Aires, approximately 20 miles from downtown.
    The pipes that I've shown are all manufactured in Argentina. Most were made by the same company, which along more than 50 years made several own brands and some for others.
    These marks were Crisol, Cassano and Luigi in that order. They had to abandon its most famous brand (Cassano) because there is an Italian manufacturer with the same name.
    This manufacturer is the Cassano who makes pipes that can be purchased in Cupojoes.com and has no connection with pipes made in Argentina.
    Most of the production are basket pipes, even the cheaper line did not use briar but some wood from Patagonia. I do not recommend these pipes.
    The pipes had manufacturing defects which unfortunately ruined the excellent briar brought from Italy.
    During the last time of manufacturing (about 10 years ago) at the request of the relationship of the owner of the brand with the Pipa Club in Buenos Aires was noted an improvement in manufacturing quality. The pipes that I show are from this period.
    I was lucky to know the last owner of the factory, he gave me the billiard pipe with silver ring of the photo.
    Few years ago, after attending the year-end dinner of Pipa Club Buenos Aires, he suffered a heart attack and died.
    His heirs were unable to keep the factory running and today this stop, unfortunately.
    Greetings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.