1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipes with two stems (standard and long)?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by bubbagump, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any pipes under $100 that come with two stems (standard length and long). I've seen the Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson line ($115+) and Altinok has a few ($150+). Thanks.:toast:

2. Eddie

Eddie Member

Invicta will do one. I got a very reasonable quote I didn't act on in the end.

bubbagump likes this.
  3. physiognomy

physiognomy Member

Old Codger and bubbagump like this.
  4. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Yeah...that's what I need to do. I really like the Churchwarden that Doug (DGE) made for me. I have a few cobs, so I could have another Churchwarden for $20 (with one of those stems). Thank you for being a voice of reason.:toast:

Good deal. I just ordered one of those stems. I can rotate it between my cobs. Good/cheap alternative.

Old Codger likes this.
  5. physiognomy

physiognomy Member

No worries! Glad it worked out for you. I like the two stem idea myself & have often admired the Stanwell HCA pipes, but it is hard to find a bargain. I have a Peterson churchwarden that smokes well & my next one will likely be a cob with a forever stem. Please let us know how it works out for you. Cheers!

6. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Post #17 is the one I got. It's great. My only concern at the moment is that i like smoking it so much that I'm not giving it a proper resting period (pretty much smoked it every day since I got it). I need to give it a break. Once I get this stem in, that won't be a problem (I've got three other cobs that I can rotate between).

https://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/churchwardens.24910/

7. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

NO, I have not. I own a Stanwell HCA and it cost $145 a couple years back, so.
    If I do see one, I will let you know, bubbagump.

bubbagump likes this.
  8. gahdzila

gahdzila Member

If you have a favorite pipe already, you could have someone like WBW make a new stem for it. Then you'd have your pipe with two stems! A new custom stem would only set you back $30 or so.

bubbagump likes this.
  9. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

Good idea. I'll have to consider that one of these days. There are a few of my favorites that I'd get even more use out of it I had a second stem.

10. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

I had a short stem made for a Peterson D9 shape churchwarden. You could definitely go either way if you found an affordable existing pipe that would be suitable with a stem of the other length.

Old Codger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.