Pipes & Wives

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Greasy Neale, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

If you have a screened in porch, a lot of people up here put plastic over the screens and put a heater on the porch. Porches are a big deal in the South and cold weather doesn't stop them from having a place to smoke their cigarettes.

bubbagump and BradNTX like this.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I smoke mostly during lunch, but if I do smoke one on the way home, I'll change into a t-shirt and wash my face. Definitely improves the greeting I get.

3. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Dang, I am a lucky dude. My wife hated the cigarettes I used to smoke with a real passion but she is so glad I quit the cigs she doesn't mind if I smoke the pipe in the house as long as I keep my door shut. Hell, she even made a big order from 4noggins for my birthday later this month. I don't know what it will contain given that she is no expert on pipe tobacco. At least she knows I hate aros.
    If we had kids it would be very different.

4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Don't marry

zacROK, Smokey and bubbagump like this.
  5. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I couldn't help myself. She's a redhead, which is like my kryptonite. :oops:

el guero, browny, jpberg and 5 others like this.
  6. craig

craig Active Member

Its kind of difficult this one.
    As i still live at home with my parents im banished to the shed for smokes. But when me and my good lady get our own place im outside.
    She doesnt smoke but accepts i do and enjoy it.
    I also accept that pipe smoke itself can be very smelly and not a nice arona to have around.
    Im just thankful that she accepts my smoking and doesnt try to ban me as i would be happy to do it outside with her knowledge rather than sneak around and do it behind her back.

browny and BradNTX like this.
  7. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

8. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Member

I'm surprised you're not pawing at the glass. That's a face that deserves a cup of tea and a biscuit, poor thing!

9. PlumberKing

PlumberKing Member

wife told me im banished to the back porch or the garage while smoking , unless she likes the smell than I can come inside LOL

Gothicmace, browny and critter like this.
  10. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Haha...oh that's not a photo of me. If you were to see me standing at your door you'd probably call the police. I'm not very friendly looking.

11. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Member

Sounds like you need a new wife.

Gothicmace likes this.
  12. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Member

You can't be as bad as me, I have to stop myself calling the Rozzers every time I look in the mirror.

Gothicmace, Stonewall and critter like this.
  13. bigbird48

bigbird48 Member

I'm relegated to my shop or outside. My daughter just had her first baby on the 5th and I was told I have to even change cloths before I come near my first grandson because second hand smoke, even on cloths, might affect him. She told me she's going to get me an electric cigarette that smells like a pipe so I can quit. :cfsd:

Gothicmace likes this.
  14. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Yup. People are Sooo helpful.:shead:This does bring up an interesting point though. How did children survive 20+ years ago when they were around second hand smoke on the reg?:cfsd:

mitchell, browny and MikeInMaine like this.
  15. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I know I am late to the party but +1 to this. My wife only hates when I smoke lats in the house, but aros always get a warm welcome.

Gothicmace likes this.
  16. Explorer352

Explorer352 Active Member

Apparently there's a 'scientific' term for this: third-hand smoke. Yup. The wife 'informed' me of the 'dangers' of it a couple wks ago.

Gothicmace and NYblacksmith like this.
  17. NYblacksmith

NYblacksmith Member

Hmmm... I don't know if I can help you on this one. We are all in different situations and make do as well as we can I guess.

I have more pipes than ex wives and am presently single happily ever after so I guess I'm running in the black?

Gothicmace, MikeInMaine and critter like this.
  18. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I'm taking a different approach to the problem. My suggestion is starting a voracious eating plan involving mass quantities of broccoli, garlic, legumes, cheap beer and summer sausage. The resulting gastro-intestinal tsunami that will burst forth with furious anger and an even more furious stench will have her begging you to light up your favorite blend.
    It's all about compromise.

Smokey Tom, BradNTX and MikeInMaine like this.
  19. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

20. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

I am rather old school on this. When I started smoking, people smoked anywhere and everywhere. Even non smokers had ashtrays in their house for convenience of their smoking guests. When my wife was alive she also smoked so smoking in the house is normal for me. But when I visit my sisters, I smoke either on the porch or in the garage. My family has always had a simple rule; homeowner calls the shots. If they come to my house, they know I am going to smoke.

highstump, browny, aquaholic and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.