Pipes & Wives

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffinogoldswife

The Mayor's Wife
Patron
If you have a screened in porch, a lot of people up here put plastic over the screens and put a heater on the porch. Porches are a big deal in the South and cold weather doesn't stop them from having a place to smoke their cigarettes.

BradNTX

There are some great thoughts and suggestions here... and some not-so-great...
I've been married for 6yrs, smoking pipe for less than 1. I smoke in my car, or garage- and consider that a 'win.' Last night I came in from a nice bowl and she asked if I could change. I felt like changing location. My point being, some ppl have more tolerance than others. .02
I smoke mostly during lunch, but if I do smoke one on the way home, I'll change into a t-shirt and wash my face. Definitely improves the greeting I get.

MacNutz

Dang, I am a lucky dude. My wife hated the cigarettes I used to smoke with a real passion but she is so glad I quit the cigs she doesn't mind if I smoke the pipe in the house as long as I keep my door shut. Hell, she even made a big order from 4noggins for my birthday later this month. I don't know what it will contain given that she is no expert on pipe tobacco. At least she knows I hate aros.
If we had kids it would be very different.

craig

Its kind of difficult this one.
As i still live at home with my parents im banished to the shed for smokes. But when me and my good lady get our own place im outside.
She doesnt smoke but accepts i do and enjoy it.
I also accept that pipe smoke itself can be very smelly and not a nice arona to have around.
Im just thankful that she accepts my smoking and doesnt try to ban me as i would be happy to do it outside with her knowledge rather than sneak around and do it behind her back.

bigbird48

I'm relegated to my shop or outside. My daughter just had her first baby on the 5th and I was told I have to even change cloths before I come near my first grandson because second hand smoke, even on cloths, might affect him. She told me she's going to get me an electric cigarette that smells like a pipe so I can quit. :cfsd:

bubbagump

Patron
I'm relegated to my shop or outside. My daughter just had her first baby on the 5th and I was told I have to even change cloths before I come near my first grandson because second hand smoke, even on cloths, might affect him. She told me she's going to get me an electric cigarette that smells like a pipe so I can quit. :cfsd:
Yup. People are Sooo helpful.:shead:This does bring up an interesting point though. How did children survive 20+ years ago when they were around second hand smoke on the reg?:cfsd:

Apparently there's a 'scientific' term for this: third-hand smoke. Yup. The wife 'informed' me of the 'dangers' of it a couple wks ago.

Bear84

I'm taking a different approach to the problem. My suggestion is starting a voracious eating plan involving mass quantities of broccoli, garlic, legumes, cheap beer and summer sausage. The resulting gastro-intestinal tsunami that will burst forth with furious anger and an even more furious stench will have her begging you to light up your favorite blend.
It's all about compromise.

DGErwin11

Staff member
I am rather old school on this. When I started smoking, people smoked anywhere and everywhere. Even non smokers had ashtrays in their house for convenience of their smoking guests. When my wife was alive she also smoked so smoking in the house is normal for me. But when I visit my sisters, I smoke either on the porch or in the garage. My family has always had a simple rule; homeowner calls the shots. If they come to my house, they know I am going to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.