Pipes & Wives

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Greasy Neale, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miracle419

miracle419 Member

Stanwell Harlekins come to mind.

Gothicmace likes this.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Aww, common, weren't you guys really protective of your kids when they were newborns? Its not that the baby would be hurt, but smoke smell on someone is not exactly pleasant. Can you blame a mom for not wanting her defenseless newborn to smell smoke on someone? I had to change a shirt now and then too, and it was OK with me. ;)

Gothicmace and browny like this.
  3. RealtorAdam

RealtorAdam Member

My wife is pregnant at the moment, so I don't smoke regularly in the house. On days when it's really cold, (the last week or so) I will smoke in the office with the door shut, window open, and the air filter running. Otherwise I have a lawn chair in my garage with a kerosene heater to stay a little warmer.

4. wildcrow

wildcrow Member

Hahahahahaha this litterally just happened to me tonight. My wife begged me to smoke so I can "air the house out"

Gothicmace, BernardLerring and Smokey like this.
  5. NYblacksmith

NYblacksmith Member

There is no quirkier, unpredictable or potentially lethal critter on this planet than a nesting female. All of the fathers and husbands of expectant wives know exactly what I'm talking about. Like soldiers in the trenches we are, always one ear cocked for that next round of incoming artillery. You can never know when it is coming either. Seemingly "safe" and quiet times can prove to be the deadliest when suddenly an errant shell comes screaming in like a bolt from the blue. Never would we be so stupid as to poke our heads above the parapet to gaze absent mindedly lest a sniper instantly draw a bead nor would we fire up a bowl in the kitchen or living room as all hell would be upon us in a flash.

Keep your helmets on.

Best regards, Daniel.

6. jwh891

jwh891 Member

Dude, I hear ya...I feel like I've been in the bear's dean for two years now! Our first son was born last April and our second son is due this April.

I did get a couple months of downtime, but it was filled with a brand new infant... I can't even remember what it was like to not live in a house with a nesting female...

And this is what she does for fun

[​IMG]

Gothicmace and critter like this.
  7. NYblacksmith

NYblacksmith Member

Oh man, hide the magazines! So long as she keeps it pointed down range you are fine. This is what you do not want to see~

[​IMG]

Best regards, Daniel.

8. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

I just smoked Frog Morton Cellar in the house and the wife liked it! I'm making progress in leaps and bounds.

9. zacROK

zacROK Member

I'm young and not married. IF I get married, pipe smoking will be a premarital "asset," as will smoking in the house. It comes with this territory. This territory.:banana:

Gothicmace likes this.
  10. JohninKC

JohninKC Member

My ex was an anti. If I wed again, there is a sun porch, not connected to the heating system, but also high ceilinged and windows on 3 sides. I think that will be my library and smoking room.

Gothicmace likes this.
  11. highstump

highstump Active Member

Doug, that seems way to sensible to ever catch on, but pretty much the way we work it too.

Gothicmace and JimInks like this.
  12. Gothicmace

Gothicmace Member

My wife allows me to smoke ANY place I like.. as long as it is OUTSIDE.... :haha: I am the king of my castle as long as she gives me permission. Also from time to time she askes me when was the last time I cleaned here S&W Chiefs special.. which has my own reloads in it.. and I know what those can do.
    Cheers
    Mike

Nima Parsa likes this.
  13. The Pistoleer

The Pistoleer Member

I was married to my one and only wife for over 45 years. When a local tobacco shop was going out of business she bought me several high end pipes for Christmas. (I didn't know just how high end until I joined this forum because a pipe was just a pipe to me). I never smoked cigars in the house because even I didn't like the smell when I came back into the room. She always liked the smell of the pipe tobaccos I smoked especially MBGE. She had a rough several years starting with the death of her best friend, a long hospital stay for me and then the loss of both her parents within six months of each other. She left a year ago last September and divorced me last June and then married the widower of her best friend last week. I took up pipe smoking again and don't plan to have another woman in my life. I ended up with the house and smoke where ever I want. I'm not sure I would give up pipe smoking again if she wanted to come back. At nearly 70 I'm fairly content.

If you would like to have your wife put up with your smoking indoors I strongly recommend Mac Baren's Golden Extra. Most woman like it's aroma.

Pete

14. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

When it's cold, I get my pick-up keys and head for the door, she knows exactly what I am going to do. It kinda increases the cost of my enjoyment, but I don't care.

15. wooda2008

wooda2008 Member

As with any fight, ask yourself "Is this the hill I want to die on?"
    Permanent Roommate is using the landlord's no smoking policy to her advantage.
    When we do have our own place, there will be a den with an air purifier, ozone machine, a cooler-dor and pelts on the wall.
    Until then, I will smoke on my snowbank. and when a pipe sounds more appealing than intimate relations that night.

Explorer352 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.