1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by jediknight129, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

looking at a few different pipes trying to work out what is smokable and what isnt and shopping for something trawling etsy and the bay so any help would be great

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STUNNING-...515&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=121062494358& - says it is briar looks funky as hell

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cased-Mee...les_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item2a28f53f2f - the white lady, but the bowl looks pretty grim

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Durable-N...141?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2579ac5d35 looks like meer but?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/8384278..._page=0&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=claw+pipe - relatively cheap fruitwood very pretty carving

also are tobacco pouches worth it? whats the best way to transport baccy? and is it safe to keep small amounts (the 4 unopened 10g samples I have) in the plastic from the retailer, 10g seems to be easily 8 bowls at the half bowl break in rate I am at currently so the others may last a while.

2. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Those links aren't working for me on my phone.
    I have 2 leather tobacco pouches, they are not designed for long term storage but IMO a necessity for traveling with a pipe.
    My favorite way of storage for tobacco is mason jars.

3. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

right apparently the filter doesn't like tiny url swap the *** for tiny url without a space and it will work (Mods why is the link shortening dodad filtered?) I pretty much have to use it to post ebay links because my pc hates me)

. so for travelling you would suggest leather rather than the baggies?

4. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

The links don't work for me either, no matter how many asterisks I use. You can post real links here.

5. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

IMO yes, I'm not a fan of keeping baccy in baggies any longer than required. Depending how long you're traveling for you could just keep it in the tin or have it in a small mason jar.

6. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

fixed the links. I usually run links through t i n y u r l because ebay links etc dont play well with my tablet.
    ok so for day to day stuff a pouch is better than a baggie but a tin beats that, ok drat so I need some sort of way to store my baccy then. would I need a different pouch for each type of baccy or can one be cleaned?

7. Longshanks

Longshanks Member

Just say no to China and Ukraine. By the looks of it, the Ukraine is carving and re-selling Chinese pipes. As for the meerschaum bowl with a hole in it... well... whatcha gonna to do with that?

I'd say the first one is your best bet, but you'll probably get laughed out of the local B&M and referred to the local opium den. Okay, okay, it's not that bad. :shead:

dBear likes this.
  8. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

some of the ukranian fruitwood pipes look amazing the carving is breathtaking. I am trying to work out what to look for

9. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

I clean my pouches out when I change tobacco, sometimes I'll get lazy of the tobaccos are similar but if I'm going from a Virginian to a lat blend I'll def. clean. It.
    Mason jars (available at Walmart, ace hardware etc) are your best bet for medium and long term tobacco storage.

10. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

#1 Looks ok they are kinda wierd to smoke i have a small one and does not get smoked often
    #2 Is unsmokable has a hole in it nothing as far as i know will repair it to good condition
    #3 Whats it made out of says nothing harmful but still unknown
    #4 Cant say much for the Ukranian pipes dont know anyone who smokes one and have not myself

ruffinogoldswife and AussieTX like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.