Pipesandcigars.com fusion lab! -make your own blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by idiotbox37, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

a competition for you more experienced guys.

from the site:
    Let’s play a little game of what if. What if you had access to virtually every blending component available to anyone? What if you could take those components and make your own Holy Grail blend? What if a retailer like PipesandCigars.com took your recipe and offered it to everyone? What if you had the chance to be rewarded for your efforts? What would you have? You’d have The Fusion Lab my friend. That’s right; an entire segment of pipe tobaccos developed by YOU the end user! What’s even better is you’ve got P&C in your corner to assist in the process.

http://pipesandcigars.com/fulabovandgu.html
    http://pipesandcigars.com/fusionlab.html

the coolest part is they will make your blend available for sale and "The blender of the most popular blend will win an all expenses paid trip to Richmond, Virginia for a weekend with Russ and a full day at the world’s largest manufacturer of pipe tobacco. The Altadis Pipe Tobacco world headquarters."

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I'd take one part Sullivan Powell's Gentleman's Mixture... and that's it. :ohyh:

Interesting contest and process. Not sure I'd want to spend a day at Altadis, but still a cool deal overall.

Rewster66 likes this.
  3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

It would awesome if someone here came up with blend that gets put into production. :bing:

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

A weekend with Russ....doing what? Bar hopping? Picking out China patterns? (I'm secretly hoping for line dancing).

Touring Altadis too...for me, pass.

Still, the notion is cool, and grand prizes aside, just the ability to brag you're a successful blender(even by proxy) makes it worth the effort.

Rewster66 likes this.
  5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I almost got excited when I saw this. We still don't have access to the other good oriental leafs. I don't blame them for this. They can't give their customers all the tools.

OBD.

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I have a blend submited already. Can't tell you my formula but Russ likes it.

Rewster66 likes this.
  7. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Good for you Strongirish! :bing:

8. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

I'm curious, did you use any of the flavorings being offered? If so, how does it come, and how did you apply it? I'm getting ready to put my order in with my next check, but if the flavoring doesn't come with a spritzer or something to apply it, I'm probably going to have to forego the option.

9. smokehouse

smokehouse Member

Whats the name of it Strongirish? PM me if you don't want everyone else to know. I plan to buy some of the fusion lab blends and try them.

I was interested in doing the Fusion Lab, but I would like more time before I summit a blend and plus I have no experience in blending yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.