pipesandcigars Tobacco of the Month Club

jwh891

Patron
Was on the website and noticed the pipe tobacco of the month club on pipesandcigars. 4 tobaccos each month for around 20 bucks a month?

This seemed like a good way to expand my horizons and try some different tobaccos. Has anyone done this? Do they just send tiny samples or is it a decent amount?

According to their description, u get 2 tins, one pouch and an exclusive blend from russ plus a corn cob (probably the little cheap China cob) and a newsletter.

2 tins at a local b&m are gonna run more than 20. 2 tins ordered can run under 20 until u pay shipping. So I would say it's not a bad deal.

The double down is even more savings with 4 tins 2 pouches and 2 exclusives for 35.

jwh891

Patron
That was my understanding, plus you only pay shipping for the first time. Was just wondering if tin meant "selected from a tinned tobacco" lol.

A few months ago there monthly flavor was candy corn and another month egg nog... I just dont like the russian roulette.. both of those blends dont appeal to me.. so is it a deal if you only like 1 or 2.?

MikeInMaine

Passes for human
Patron
I just signed up.
I called around to different online stores a year or so ago and tried to get something like this going.
If it turns out to be blends I have no interest in for several months in a row I'll quit but you never know, I could find the ultimate blend that I would never have bought otherwise.
I'll post when it comes in and let everyone know what's what.

jwh891

Patron
I just signed up.
I called around to different online stores a year or so ago and tried to get something like this going.
If it turns out to be blends I have no interest in for several months in a row I'll quit but you never know, I could find the ultimate blend that I would never have bought otherwise.
I signed up earlier this morning and will be sure to do the same

gentimmy

If someone wants to be the guinea pig, I'd be curious. Knowing other "cigars of the month" clubs, the quality is lacking and they harass the hell out of you to keep your membership

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
Patron
I'm in. Twenty bucks* and you can quit any time? Sounds like it could be a good program with a low investment/commitment.

There are tobaccos I never would have tried -- except for getting a sample -- and then I found I liked them. On the other hand, there are tobaccos I have thoughtfully bought based on my assessment of the descriptions and endorsements by others that I didn't care for at all.

*Well, OK, first month is 25-bucks.

I just signed up.
I am looking forward to reading what you have to report. :bing: