pipesandcigars Tobacco of the Month Club

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
Patron
I just called P&C to ask a question before pulling the trigger. Years ago I signed up for a Book of the Month Club that was also a "no contract" deal. The problem was after I decided it was no longer for me I would forget month after month to close the account -- thinking about it only when a new book arrived. :doh:

With that in mind, I thought the two-month option might be good. It would be a small commitment, but would give me an idea if I liked it. There would be an automatic end -- and would cost the same as going two months on the month-to-month. The question I asked was whether I could "re-up," change to monthly, if I really liked it -- without paying another 5-buck sign-up fee. (OK, call me cheap -- I prefer frugal.:)) They said that could be done.

I also asked if they had a list to give one a general idea of some of the "national brand" tins that might be included. Nope. No information on that. Oh well, it was worth a shot since I had someone on the phone.

Gothicmace

Was on the website and noticed the pipe tobacco of the month club on pipesandcigars. 4 tobaccos each month for around 20 bucks a month?

This seemed like a good way to expand my horizons and try some different tobaccos. Has anyone done this? Do they just send tiny samples or is it a decent amount?
I saw this on the upgraded website as well.. not sure if anybody noticed but the baccy reviews are a lot different now with the ratings and things. I am going to sign up for this starting next month. Good way to try things out.. and add to the cellar. I like it.. two thumbs up.
Cheers
Mike

jwh891

Patron
Signed up today. Notice said my tobacco will be shipped every month on or around the 15...eagerly awaiting my first batch!

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
Patron
I was just looking at there tobacco of the month club and it peaked my interest. Was concerned about getting alot of stuff i didnt like but fiqured i could trade with fellow PSF'ers for stuff i do like. I think i will try it.
It's not very expensive and there is no commitment.

piper965

If you could sign up for a certain genre, say VaPers, or English. But all across the board? Not for me.
Plus one. I'll still keep track. Love to hear updates from the guys who did sign up. I just don't have a huge desire to end up with a bunch of sweet cavendish sitting on my shelf.

Coastal Bend

Get off my lawn...
Patron
Plus one. I'll still keep track. Love to hear updates from the guys who did sign up. I just don't have a huge desire to end up with a bunch of sweet cavendish sitting on my shelf.
I'm giving it a try for two months. Feel like that might give me an idea of what to expect. I do wish there was at least an option to express a preference for aromatic or non-aromatic. Maybe after launch they will be open to suggestions for fine tuning.

jwh891

Patron
I wonder if the selection is the same across the board or if each person gets a different bunch. If that's the case those of us who signed up could sign for a trading pool.

Texhealer

If it's done anything like CI's cigar of the month club, everybody will get the same thing, the newsletter usually has a little information on that months selections.

CI did right by me on the cigars, I didn't alway love what they sent but they didn't send any crap cigars, it was two years before I got a flavored cigar and I think that was only because it was something new that was selling well.

aggman

I jumped in. FYI - PayPal is only good for a one time sale. I had to call and set up on cc if I wanted to stay on every month.

jwh891

Patron
I jumped in. FYI - PayPal is only good for a one time sale. I had to call and set up on cc if I wanted to stay on every month.
I guess I had better call them today since I put it on PayPal. Did they say why it was only a one time thing? I've had other subscription based services on PayPal before and it took out once a month

aggman

I guess I had better call them today since I put it on PayPal. Did they say why it was only a one time thing? I've had other subscription based services on PayPal before and it took out once a month
I emailed them because they didn't charge the one time $5 shipping, and I didn't want that to hold up my shipment. I also asked them to verify that I was automatically signed up for future months, and they said they were not able to do monthly auto billing to a PayPal account.

jwh891

Patron
I emailed them because they didn't charge the one time $5 shipping, and I didn't want that to hold up my shipment. I also asked them to verify that I was automatically signed up for future months, and they said they were not able to do monthly auto billing to a PayPal account.
Thanks