1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Poker Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Sawbones, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

Where can I find a good Poker shape pipe? I am looking for one that is well, almost primitive looking. Hopefully, with bark on it!

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Ropp Cherrywood pokers have bark on the bowl and the shank, but they're out of production. They do surface as estate pipes on the bay on occasion. Gotta have bark ehhhh? Cob Poker not rustic enough?

Ed
    Puff

3. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

I don't have to have bark. And the Cob is rustic enough for sure. I think that is why I like the Poker shape cause it looks like a Cob. I haven't seen anything but real dark ones, I have been looking for a light colored one, just plain unfinished wood or briar. You know, I don't have a Meerschaum, maybe I should see if they have one of those in a poker shape...

4. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

I went and did a search for Ropp Cherrywood. I like the looks of those! Too bad they are out of production. I think though, that I could make something like that myself. That will be my next project, to make a poker pipe out of my old apple tree....

5. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

mtsgsd likes this.
  6. Sawbones

Sawbones Member

Hey, those are nice. Here we go again, the last thing I need is another pipe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.