• 25 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30+ years

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

phinz

My first and only pipe for years was a CAO meer about 16-17 years ago. I've since acquired about 18 or so more pipes.

Oglethorpe

Less than a year here, so I just put a year in there. But just like everything else in life, I jumped in with two feet and I'm hooked for life.

Thanks to you guys for all the peer pressure and contributing to my 'AD's!

Rugbysh9

On and off for the last 12 years. I always came back to it. My wife says I'm generally happier and in a better frame of mind after a pipe so I don't think I'll drift away again.

dubhdarra

basket cobs (whenever i lost one) and lane tobacco for about four years off and on, proper tobacco and better pipes for about three and a half months or so.

Bobby 151

I started smoking a pipe when I was 15 years old.Smoking on and off since then,Cigs also I'm afraid still do:( So I guess that would make it pretty close to 40 years:eek: Yup I'm a FOG all right.:D

Zanaspus

I started back in 1980, but am newly back after a looong layoff, so it's either one or thirty depending how you look at it. :XD:

cst

I smoked pipes for a few years in my mid teens then left them alone untill 2002. I guess that makes going on eight years now, not counting my misguided youth.

jamie7

Hi Guys,

I've been smoking something or other for the past 27yrs, minus 4 years that I quit altogether. I was gifted my first briar and tobacco about 10 years ago by my sister, so I have her to thank for this pleasant passtime. I always enjoyed pipe tobacco and pipe smoking but didn't make it a multiple-bowl-daily thing until the last year or so. So in some ways you could call me a "lifer", in another way "experienced", and yet another way "newbie-ish". But having come to understand our art a little better I can safely say I've been a pipe smoker in spirit all my life.

Hitch

I wnet three or four years with nothing but my free Gabrow and free CaptainBlack. The wife is a former Lane sales rep. When that all went away( about this time last year) I came across these forums and found a new world.

Never again will I have 'enough pipes'.

Never again will I have enough smoke in the cellar.

from 74 till 86 smoked a greener variety from non-traditional pipes
but didnt start smoking the good stuff till about 4 months ago.
now have a dozen pipes and about as many different kinds of tobacco.
my cigarette consumption has went from 40 to about 12 cigs a day.
so....yeah....im hooked!

Silverado

Once I thought about it, I realized that I bought my first pipe about 15 years ago, sometime after my Dad passed.

The last few months have been the first stretch I've seriously smoked a pipe for almost a decade though.

NDLanoue

I've been smoking for just over two years. I tried my first pipe well after I started cigars and have since switched entirely. Like many on here, once I tried, I dove right on in.

mcgoven9

Bought my first pipe the day I turned 18. It was a Dr. Grabow straight billiard. Still have the pipe, and smoke out of it on occasion. In my family we hold on to things for a very long time. My youngest son who is turning 17 in Febuary. Has thought about smoking pipe when he is 18. I look foward to going with him to buy his first pipe.

---Smoke well, Puff happily---

Status
Not open for further replies.