1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Preben Holm pipe dating question

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ryan65, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan65

ryan65 Member

I've had this pipe for a 5 or 6 years now and have tried to find info on when it was made with no luck. The stamping reads " Preben Holm traditional heirloom hand made in Denmark" just wondering if anyone has some information about this pipe or when it was made.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

4. ryan65

ryan65 Member

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

gotta love that four-bowled pipe!

I suppose this is how you could try out new homemade blends?

let's see... for today, how about cherry in bowl 1, vanilla in bowl 2, perique in bowl 3 and latakia in bowl 4!

and now, back to topic https://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif

That pipe is quite an heirloom! According to the pipedia article, Preben Holm would only allow his name to be on 2% of their production, so you have a rare piece there indeed!

Jon, thanks for posting that link, it was a very interesting read on the extraordinary life of Preben Holm!

6. ryan65

ryan65 Member

yah I don't see to many floating around on the net so I assumed it to be rare, but again that makes it a chore trying to find information about it as well lol I was able to acquire it from a tobacconist in California I've known since I started pipesmoking. I had told him I wanted to pick up some estate pipes and he happened to have 2 or 3 boxes full of estates from over the years and we went through them, he pulled out that pipe and said " ahh a Preben Holm, you should hold on to this one" and proceeded to tell me Preben was a great Danish pipemaker who died in 1989. I loved the pipe and he gave it to me for dirt cheap and it's one of my best smokers, but I didn't know much about the guy until pipedia lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.