Presbyterian Mixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccy Bert

Anybody had this? Any thoughts? I'm increasingly losing faith in tobaccoreviews as I seem to like the tobaccos many on there hate..
Thinking of trying this tobacco when I next order some things.

Bert

Kiowapipe

I tried it a few times and really disliked it. That's just me, though. It had sort of a weird plum flavoring added- it wasn't really all that strong or anything, but for some reason I just found it disgusting.

dmkerr

PG- free since '83!
Staff member
Try it.

I don't like it and Kiowapipe doesn't like it, but lots of people do. The best experience you can get is that which comes first hand.

nesta

I like it a lot. I think it's a very fine English blend. There are a few people who don't like it, but they don't count :ohyh:

I have never, ever noticed any kind of flavoring. That certainly doesn't mean it isn't there, but I sure don't pick up on it.

Arkie

I didn't get any plum taste from it and it's one of my favs. It's an English/Balkan blend but it has a subtle something extra that is tough to describe. I've discovered the only way to find blends you like is to try them.

Kiowapipe

Maybe I got a bad can, who knows. Upon opening there was a distinct rancid fruit sort of smell. Anyway, as Kerr said, give it a shot. Lots of people love it.

dwaugh

Staff member
It was one of the first tins I bought. I didn't like it at first, but then really grew to love it. I haven't had any in awhile; but I do have an unopened tin that I should open up and see if I still like it after trying so many new things.

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Presby was long a favorite of mine. The recent incarnation is pretty pale. If you want to taste what it's supposed to be like, grab a can of Legends fromMcClelland - richer, deeper, sweeter, spicier. Just what Presby used to be!

dwaugh

Staff member
It was one of the first tins I bought. I didn't like it at first, but then really grew to love it. I haven't had any in awhile; but I do have an unopened tin that I should open up and see if I still like it after trying so many new things.
I just opened my tin and am smoking some now. I still like it! But now I'm interested in what Squatch said, that Legends from McClelland is what the old Presbyterian was like. I guess I should add that to the "list"

halpuff

Anybody had this? Any thoughts? I'm increasingly losing faith in tobaccoreviews as I seem to like the tobaccos many on there hate..
Bert
I read a post somewhere that stated this individual does not even read tobacco reviews for the very reason you have stated above. He found that by not reading the reviews he is without the disadvantage of any predisposed opinions of a blend which helps him to clearly form his own opinions.
I agree with you. I have found that I love certain tobaccos that the vast majority on the reviews hate; as well as hate some that are raved about on the reviews. I guess we don't all have the same sense of taste or preference.
This is the beauty of the hobby.

Halpuff

Status
Not open for further replies.