Presbyterian what went wrong?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jayson H Bucy, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

My credibility is likely down the tubes at this point but I'll make a suggestion anyway. As you read reviews, take note of the reviewers who have tastes similar to yours. In other words, if someone favorably review blends that you like and bashes mixtures you don't like, pay particular attention to their reviews of tobacco you have not yet tried. The method isn't foolproof but it's an improvement over accepting recommendations blindly. I admit it feels sort of freaky because it's a bit like stalking someone and, contrary to opinion here at PSF, I'm not into kinky stuff. Well, not much anyway and as the saying goes "It only seems kinky the first time you do it.":bag:

ol gto and dwaugh like this.

2. Capt

Capt Active Member

I agree with arkie. There are two reviewers on TR that I take their reviews to heart. Now, you can't agree on everything, but it will get ya started.

3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I was dying to try the stuff a few months ago, and when I finally got it I opened the tin, took a whiff, and thought, "wow, this is going to be awesome!". Then I lit it up and thought, "wait, did I remember to pack my pipe, 'cause I got nothin' here?". I revisited it a few times with similar results and wound up sending it to Nesta, who was kind enough to trade some McClelland Oriental #14 to me, which I like a LOT better. I hope he's as happy as I am with the transaction.

4. Capt

Capt Active Member

Herb, that #14 is the BOMB!!!!! Definitely my favorite oriental.

HCraven likes this.
  5. 50rayj

50rayj Member

Hey we're not all the same. We have different tastes. I even like Captain Black Cherry Cavemdish. But I have yet found anyone who likes Borkim Riff. Yet it seems to be the only pipe tobacco that some discount cigarette stores will carry. Doesn't make sense.

6. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

I'm not terribly fond of BR but I would choose it over any of the CB stuff.

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I am happy with it! I did enjoy that #14, too, but I do love Presbyterian. I'll probably get some #14 stocked up when I can afford to properly cellar a lot of tobacco.

HCraven likes this.
  8. 50rayj

50rayj Member

I guess that's what the world go around. Imagine if all of liked all the same things. Life would really get boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.