Price differences between countries

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by browny, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Mine too, Arkie! Which is why I've developed really clever ways of sneaking it into the house. :cool:

Linus likes this.

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

ask her how many tins eq one pair of her shoes or a purse?

muddler likes this.
  3. noodle

noodle Member

you could always have someone post the tins as a 'gift' i know that works in the uk, i have received a couple of lures reels etc from the USA in this manner

4. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Gentlemen, give your neighbor five bucks to let you have a package delivered to their home. If they are a married man, and you explain how sore your back gets from sleeping on the couch... I'm confident they will help! As for me, I make sure I get to the mail first--and have a hiding spot ready. Stacks of canning jars in the cardboard trays help disguise exactly how much is tobacco, or empty. :ngty::whis:

Linus likes this.
  5. Linus

Linus Member

As long as they never notice it's tobacco i may recive gifts, but the danish post really likes to open packages to see if the shippinglabel matches the content, if they notice it's tobacco i wont be sued or something, just have to pay the fixed fee of 32usd, 80usd/kilo in tobaccotax, and 25% vat.

Sooner or later i take my chances, but i have to make sure that i have the money set aside if i get busted :/ im thinking something like 16 or 24 oz i one shipment, so everything that could help keeping out of their eyes is good.

Are you guys in UK free to recive tobacco from non-eu countries without customs and vat? If so i might try to arange a detour for such a package, they dont bother much with shipments within EU here

6. noodle

noodle Member

probably not but if it were a gift from a friend then maybe, tbh i think i need to check on that

7. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

gifts under 12 quid value are exhempt from the tax, not everything from the usa gets opened I have had a fair few through from a private shipper us to uk come through with no hassle at all. if it comes through RM the charge for customs isnt much if it comes through parcelf**** you get hit for 15 quid in fees.

as for prices the thing that makes me look online for when I start buying is the brighton shop sells 50g tins and nowt else and I have found places online that will do me 5 10g bags for what that tin of nightcap will cost me.

8. Linus

Linus Member

Still, i belive that certain tobaccos whould be worth all the hassle, tax and so on, but if i could be free from it, i whould be really happy (then i could buy more pipes instead XD )

9. Linus

Linus Member

I belive private package is the way to go, dont want a big 'ol WATCH HERE, TOBACCO INSIDE label on the box ;) more like "here's a cople of tin's of that tea you like so much, they only cost 2,49$ each" that might slip through :)

Hawkwood and browny like this.
  10. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

I have had 2 vendors who shipped to me in Canada mark the packages as fly fishing supplies and herbal tea. I did not ask them to do this, I expected to go to the post office and have to pay the taxes. Instead it is delivered right to my box no questions asked. Needless to say these 2 vendors have won my business long term.

Hawkwood likes this.
  11. Linus

Linus Member

Sounds like great vendors whould there be any possibility to get the names of those in a PM, whould'nt wanna flash them on open forums :)

12. CaKy

CaKy Member

Chocolates work wonderz...there's a specialty candy shop right on the way back home from my local. I ain't been married to the same girl for over 40 years without learning a thing or two.

13. Linus

Linus Member

I can see a solution to alot of problems here, why dont tobacconists carry a small but good supply of chocolate, and midrange jewelry, great for the man who just spent a bit too much on pipes, tobacco or cigarrs, and an extra sale for the vendor, and no need to sleep on the couch!!!

jediknight129 and DGErwin11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.