Pulled the trigger on a Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Ted

Gone but not forgotten
I'll keep looking for used bowls--$30-$40 a pop for new ones is more than I'd like to spend. Got the bent pipe, three bowls and a nice stand for $30 shipped from the 'Bay.
seems a bit expensive @ 30 -40, over here a complete new pipe comes less than that. Greens of Leeds sell them (new bowl ) on UK ebay ('Lightuphere'). for £13.99 thats around $21 Paul Green's a great guy - I'm sure that he'd be happy to ship one quickly.
OT

mecompco

seems a bit expensive @ 30 -40, over here a complete new pipe comes less than that. Greens of Leeds sell them (new bowl ) on UK ebay ('Lightuphere'). for £13.99 thats around $21 Paul Green's a great guy - I'm sure that he'd be happy to ship one quickly.
OT
Thanks for the info, will check them out!

Whalehead King

I have two Falcons. I've been smoking a straight with a dental bit today, the first time in a long while so I thought I would look at what's happening in the metal pipe threads. I had forgotten what a nice pipe the Falcon is. The Falcon can smoke hot if you hold the bowl and go too fast. Because of the draw directly in the middle of the bowl, the smoking mechanics are a bit different. I've used pipe cleaner rings in the past, but haven't today. I have two stems and three bowls. I never swap out bowls and I've never used the third one. By the time I run a cleaner through the stem, the humidome and bowl are cool enough to disengage to swab out the humidome with a rag, reengage, repack, and relight. I don't know what has taken me so long to smoke this pipe again but it is going back into regular use.

I prefer the dental bit to the regular one for clenching, or more accurately, careless dangling purposes.

Smoke in good health.

Jay

And this is how a new round of PAD starts.

The other day I received a large order form 4 Noggins (I really love that place and their service) and I say to myself, "you know Jason, you really should just spend your money on tobacco, you have more than enough pipes most of which don't get smoked regularly and tobacco isn't getting cheaper. Time to focus on the cellar."

And then I read this thread. Now, I have read many a time on the virtues of the Falcon. Seemed like a novelty. Many a respected pipeman have had fine words for this metal pipe. Not me, I like the briar. Metal pipes just don't do it for me. And for almost 4 years I have not had any interest whatsoever to purchase one of these pipes. They don't have the aesthetic that makes me think 'pipe'. I think that has changed. I know it has changed. If I don't cruise the internet right now and order me one and smoke it sometime next week, just kick me off of this forum. I shall report once the smoking has commenced.

Anybody know of a good place to purchase one of these Falcons? Not really being fond of Ebay, a new Falcon would be up my alley.

craig

Congrats on your first Falcon!
After seeing this post yesterday I was looking for a Falcon and snapped one too! Wooohooo, also my first Falcon, it's new and unsmoked and it comes with a smooth Algiers bowl.
Curious about these dry rings, are they any good, do I have to use them?
Tbh simon i dont use them i did at first but i find you can get quite a lot of gurgling going on all i do is mid way through the bowl unscrew the bowl and shake the moisture out.
Best thing to do is try a few smokes with the dry rings and a few without see what you prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.