Pulled the trigger on a Falcon

Discussion in 'Metal Smoking Pipes' started by TWolf, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

TWolf likes this.

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Twolf,
    Earlier bowls made in
    America didn't come
    with a gasket.

TWolf and GANDALF WHITE like this.
  3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

seems a bit expensive @ 30 -40, over here a complete new pipe comes less than that. Greens of Leeds sell them (new bowl ) on UK ebay ('Lightuphere'). for £13.99 thats around $21 Paul Green's a great guy - I'm sure that he'd be happy to ship one quickly.
    OT

TWolf, dBear and mecompco like this.
  4. GANDALF WHITE

GANDALF WHITE Member

now you make me to buy a falcon, i hate you guys:mad::mad::mad:

just kidding on the hate part but i did it, i pull the triger too, i ordered a full bent with smooth algiers bowl
    [​IMG]

Best Regards

WalkinStick, PipeSimmo, TWolf and 2 others like this.
  5. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Thanks for the info, will check them out!

GANDALF WHITE likes this.
  6. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Nice! Looks just like mine. I like the Algiers bowl--it is larger than the other ones I have. Oh, and I like the notches in the bit--my straight one is just plain.

TWolf and GANDALF WHITE like this.
  7. Caseyjones

Caseyjones Member

I have to say, I got an estate Falcon a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I'm hooked. I used some jeweler's rouge on a cloth and rubbed it to shine and it looks great....even worked on the mouth piece.

GANDALF WHITE and dBear like this.
  8. TWolf

TWolf Member

After only one smoke on Saturday I went searching and bought another one. I'm on a business trip right now and I took a walk after dinner and lit yp a bowl of BH Evening Stroll. Nice!

PipeSimmo, GANDALF WHITE and dBear like this.
  9. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Member

I've found my Falcon to be a great flake pipe.

PipeSimmo, dBear and TWolf like this.
  10. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

When the Falcon addiction progresses you start making mods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 1858remington

Metal mania!!
    [​IMG]

WalkinStick, Snake, Rockbass and 6 others like this.
  12. 1858remington

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Man, that just hurts!

GANDALF WHITE, PipeSimmo and mecompco like this.
  14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I'm just smoking my first ever Falcon, which came in today. I like it very much so far. Great clencher, featherweight, bowl doesn't get hot, smokes pretty well. I only got one question. What's this bowl called? looks like an Algier but it has these rills similar to a bulldog...

[​IMG]

WalkinStick, Tsalagi44, TWolf and 2 others like this.
  15. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Active Member

I have two Falcons. I've been smoking a straight with a dental bit today, the first time in a long while so I thought I would look at what's happening in the metal pipe threads. I had forgotten what a nice pipe the Falcon is. The Falcon can smoke hot if you hold the bowl and go too fast. Because of the draw directly in the middle of the bowl, the smoking mechanics are a bit different. I've used pipe cleaner rings in the past, but haven't today. I have two stems and three bowls. I never swap out bowls and I've never used the third one. By the time I run a cleaner through the stem, the humidome and bowl are cool enough to disengage to swab out the humidome with a rag, reengage, repack, and relight. I don't know what has taken me so long to smoke this pipe again but it is going back into regular use.

I prefer the dental bit to the regular one for clenching, or more accurately, careless dangling purposes.

Smoke in good health.

dBear and GANDALF WHITE like this.
  16. Jay

Jay Active Member

And this is how a new round of PAD starts.

The other day I received a large order form 4 Noggins (I really love that place and their service) and I say to myself, "you know Jason, you really should just spend your money on tobacco, you have more than enough pipes most of which don't get smoked regularly and tobacco isn't getting cheaper. Time to focus on the cellar."

And then I read this thread. Now, I have read many a time on the virtues of the Falcon. Seemed like a novelty. Many a respected pipeman have had fine words for this metal pipe. Not me, I like the briar. Metal pipes just don't do it for me. And for almost 4 years I have not had any interest whatsoever to purchase one of these pipes. They don't have the aesthetic that makes me think 'pipe'. I think that has changed. I know it has changed. If I don't cruise the internet right now and order me one and smoke it sometime next week, just kick me off of this forum. I shall report once the smoking has commenced.

Anybody know of a good place to purchase one of these Falcons? Not really being fond of Ebay, a new Falcon would be up my alley.

PipeSimmo and TWolf like this.
  17. dBear

dBear Active Member

That describes me to a tee up until about my fourth smoke from a Falcon.

PipeSimmo and Tsalagi44 like this.
  18. TWolf

TWolf Member

4Noggins has them new.

19. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Member

I learned something new today. I just checked my British made and sure enough-a gasket.

mecompco likes this.
  20. craig

craig Active Member

Tbh simon i dont use them i did at first but i find you can get quite a lot of gurgling going on all i do is mid way through the bowl unscrew the bowl and shake the moisture out.
    Best thing to do is try a few smokes with the dry rings and a few without see what you prefer

GANDALF WHITE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.