putting pipe out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbysh9

I don't know, I tend to smoke full bowls.

I would just put the pipe down and let it go out on its own, this way the remaining pipe weed isn't overly tamped when you want to come back to it later.

Sweatsack

Jesla said:
hold the palm of your hand over the bowl for a few seconds.
This.

Tobacco won't burn in absence of oxygen. Seal off the bowl with the palm of your hand and it will smolder out in a few seconds. I rarely smoke a whole bowl in one sitting and this is how I do it.

Mike

Sweatsack said:
This.

Tobacco won't burn in absence of oxygen. Seal off the bowl with the palm of your hand and it will smolder out in a few seconds. I rarely smoke a whole bowl in one sitting and this is how I do it.

+1

This is how i do it also

Falconeer

Just put it down and it'll go out quickly - pipe tobacco isn't like cigarette tobacco it won't keep burning. To hurry things along put your thumb, a coin or your Zippo on top of the bowl to shut off the air supply.

Gerry

slackjaw

Falconeer said:
Just put it down and it'll go out quickly - pipe tobacco isn't like cigarette tobacco it won't keep burning. To hurry things along put your thumb, a coin or your Zippo on top of the bowl to shut off the air supply.

Gerry
thanks for all the help guys...

dubhdarra

i always thought that was bad form or a major no-no. i only did it with my cobs cause i thought it was bad for briar.

glad i'm not the only one who does this, my (small) MM cob will get lit 2-3 separate times before i actually scoop it out...

I just put it down and "walk off". I finished off a bowl in my meer this way yesterday. It sat out on the patio table all week. I smoked it in thirds. Perhaps I'm a little too relaxed with my feelings towards my pipes. I just smoke'em when I can/want, clean'em reasonably and have no worries over them. I'm not above gouging out the bowl with a knife either....tee hee hee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.