1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Quality Meerschaum ???

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Jeebs, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillH

WillH Active Member

I know Yang! Just have bug up my butt about bestmeerschaum! Not a pleaseant experience, and don't want others to have the same experience. Being out in the open about it I hope to force them to change their ways and treat their customers as they should. I actually think Baki to be an excellent carver. I just got caught with some duds passed on by a dealer chasing the almighty buck!

Will

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I can understand that,Will....just keep in mind your original statement doesn't reflect this reasoning/understanding...and therefore, could be misconstrued. Some of us are(OK, me...:)) are too easily quick to form other conclusions, based on your words. I value your opinion personally more than I let on...but a quick pooh-poohing doesn't tell me enough! (Hope this makes sense...I done confused myself now...) :)

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Watch 'Hellboy', Ted...clues abound.

(Got a grinder?) ;)

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I just counted... I've purchased 19 pipes from Deniz, plus another 4 from Ebay sellers that originally came from bestmeerschaums. All 23 have been superb.

Not discounting your experiences, but Deniz is batting 1000 with me. So if anyone else buys from him, I hope they have my experience rather than yours! ;)

BTW, you were spot on with that 5110. Another tobacco for my cellar. :th1:

5. WillH

WillH Active Member

Dan, that's great about the 5110. Hope my little stash last. Never hear much about 5110!

I still have one Baki! The rest are gone including the Calabashes! :(

Will

6. Albert

Albert Active Member

23!!! wow, I'd love to see a pic of all of them together!

7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

That would require a camera. Doesn't fit in my pipe and tobacco budget! :D

Actually, my daughter broke my digital camera and I've just been too lazy to buy another.

Currently smoking my Baki Fist, so named because it's the size of one. 3.25 inches deep, 1.25 bowl diameter, calabash shaped, holds about 12 grams of tobacco, smokes like a dream. :th1:

albot9 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.