1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

question about Brigham

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ted, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ted

ted Member

Just bought 2 Brigham pipes at the Grabow factory. Yes...Grabow.
    One is a Rustic bent sitter with 1 dot.. stamped 127 (shape # I'm sure)
    The other is a fine smooth big billiard with 3 maple leaves on the stem.
    Paid $50.00 for the 2. What are they, and are they worth what I paid? Thanks, ... ted

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Ted I don't know anything about Brigham's but here are a few links:

Pipedia

Brigham Website

I'm going to go out on a limb as say that they are def. worth what you paid for them :thumbsu:

3. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I think you made a good purchase. I am interested to hear how they actually smoke. Phil.

4. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

The older ones I have are great smokers, have not tried a new one. They are Canadian made.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

WERE Canadian made. The older pipes, with an aluminum tenon (which accepts the 3" maple tube filter) were very good, by and large, and called "Canada's Dunhill" although the pipes were generally affordable.

Production is Italian now if I understand correctly and the tenon fitment is a space age plastic and basically the low end pipes aren't what they were.

They still make some nice pipes, and it sounds like the second pipe you describe may be one of these.

6. Jay

Jay Active Member

Pictures Ted???

7. ted

ted Member

Thanks SAS. Both have genuine "mother of plastic" tenons, but are not stamped with a country of origin..ie Italy. Don't know if the import laws in Canada are the same as ours. Here, all imported pipes must be stamped with the country of origin. Appreciate it... ted

8. ted

ted Member

Try for them tomorrow during daylight... ted

9. ted

ted Member

Actually gave away every pipe that I bought at the Factory. Mr. Moo got an Eldorado, Dave Whitney got a Hillcrest #012. Something about left-handers, Irish Lefty and Ozark Southpaw got the 2 Brighams. Locomac got a Grabow cigarette holder and some cleaners.

Next trip its Ascorti.... SAS, You got 1 coming whenever I go...Shape? Finish? There is a nearly full 1 dozen tray left, so you get a pick..within reason.. ted

10. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Full bent Ted. Always. :thumbsu:

11. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Ted any 1/4 bents among those?

12. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I'll take whatever you pick out Ted, though I do lean bent. I'll send you some Condor, if you like, when I get my hands on some. I rode past the factory a few weeks ago. It's not really that far from home.

13. ted

ted Member

Got those 3 in my little brown book.
    Jesla, next time you are through this part call me. We'll "pilfer" together. 3363592300 or 3634666. Pretty well have a standing invitation.
    I can drive from Sparta to Bristol in about 1 1/2 hours. Even can give you a place to stay overnight if you need it. Joy and Buddy are friendly... ted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.