1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Question about pipe marking

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Icepick, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icepick

Icepick Member

I've recently received a churchwarden that has the marking MT inside a marking shaped like a shield or police badge. Anyone have an idea who it was made by? Looked brand new and had never been smoked, if that will help.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

My wife bought me the same model pipe...more than likely, it has 'Czech' stamped on it too. It's, to my mind, a 'seconds' pipe...a pipe possibly made by a reputable company, only to find it has issues...usually cosmetic. Mine gurgles, no suprise in a cheapy 'Czechwarden'. Don't expect much from it, and it may serve you well.

3. Icepick

Icepick Member

I couldn't tell what the small stamp was because my eyes are bad and I don't have a magnifying glass, but my wife thinks it says czech. lol
    So far I've only smoked a mild burley and only filled the bowl about 2/3 full so I guess that's why it hasn't gurgled on me.

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I know about bad eyes! (Just had a botched corneal transplant done!) But yeah, it should say 'Czech'. I tried getting info...to no avail. I don't know the original carvers involved. Mine gurgles because A) it's a churchwarden...cheaply done, at that...and B) there is no such thing as a sure thing. If yours doesn't gurgle...congrats! enjoy with impunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.