Ran Over by a Jeep

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by ArtisanArcher, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

My Fellow Pipe Smokers

So tonight I went down to the river with a friend of mine to have a bon-fire and take some pictures of the stars and I figured I'd bring along my pipe. I left it in my guitar case leaning up against his Jeep and he after a little bit he moved his jeep to refocus the headlamps. 20 minutes later I go back and realize the top part of my guitar case is under the front wheel of his jeep. All I could think was "My pipe's in there!?!" *I had my guitar out already or it would have been a different conversation.

The pipe is my Savinelli 316ex. The one with those boorishly thick walls!

It survived!!
    No cracks!

Happy Smoking
    Thanks Savinelli
    Arty

2. Blue

Blue Member

Very lucky!

Sent from Blues mobile phone using Forum Runner

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Yes, I also have a Sav 316 and can see why
    it withstood the "Jeep test".

dp

4. Eddie

Eddie Member

I had to do an insurance quote on a browning B25 that had the same happen to it once.

You were much luckier then the other guy.

5. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

I feel your (almost) pain - the first vacation the wife and I took together when we were still courting, she managed to back into my brand new (surf) board, literally half an hour after I had laid out the cash for it. Then, in a panic, she pinned the gas, driving my longboards on the roof-rack into a low-hanging tree, destroying both and damaging my truck when the rack was peeled off the roof. Needless to say, I don't give her the keys any more...

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Nothing like smoking a bowl while sitting on the banks of a beautiful river. We live on the Guadulupe River and just love it.

Glad your pipe turned out safe!

7. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

On the Republican here. It's little more than a big creek most of the time, but it's home to me.

I'm getting ready to light it up now just to make sure it's 100%. I think it will be though!

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

If it were my luck .. the guitar and pipe would have been busted ... be glad you're you !:)

nitehawk likes this.
  9. Beale

Beale Active Member

I am very glad your pipe survived! Wow also am glad your guitar was not in it, Beale.

10. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

That which doth not kill a pipe, maketh a pipe seem more badass ever thereafter.

ArtisanArcher likes this.
  11. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

To top it off I'm thinking of having my bud sign the crushed case as he's just now getting ready to release his new Hunting Show at www.dreamchaserstv.com ... Which I will be in the 2nd Episode playing my guitar by the campfire smokin' my pipe, not the one that was crushed, but one of the cobs. I'll let ya'll know when it's up.

12. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Glad to hear the pipe's ok, Arty, but too bad about the case. Maybe next time you should just pack the cob. And a gig bag.

Herb

13. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

It was a gig bag. One of the nicer ones that fender makes. No damage to it either... i forgot to mention that.

14. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Oh good. Hardshell cases are expensive to replace. I'd cry if someone ran over my Fender tweed case.

15. Redone

Redone Member

My first thought was OH NO NOT THE GUITAR!!!!!!! Pipes I can replace a good guitar ...no. Glad it all worked out :)

16. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

I had a 316EX rusticated - stout pipe, that. Glad to hear the Jeep wasn't damaged.

ArtisanArcher and Kiowapipe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.