Reccomends on PS Luxury Twist Flake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Demosthenes, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member

This is one tobacco I have been wanting to try for a while now, but every time I get ready to order, SP and P and C are both out. I will usually order a box or bag of what ever I get because of shipping cost, I cannot bring myself to pay 8 or 9 dollars to ship 2oz of tobacco. I seem to like Virginias most, any thoughts on this toby would be appreciated, and if I get enough good feedback on it, I will order a box when it becomes available again. I smoke a Kirsten pipe, so bite is never a issue for me, but I do like a tobacco that has a sweet flavor, and I tend to stay away fron cavendish.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

LTF has a topnote [ a little sweet ] . LTF is freakin amazing !! I love the topnote , though I couldnt tell ya what the flavor is , and it's one of the better blends made by man . It's in my top 5 when smoking in my Whitehall Pot .. pure bliss ! Being you dont want a Cavendish and you dig " sweet " ... I think you will flip out or at least like it ! WVsmokeshop seems to always have it ....
    http://wvsmokeshop.com/stokkebyeluxurytwistflake.aspx

3. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

I really dig the stuff. Love the room note, love the flavor, it's an excellent tobacco and my only regret is that I only ordered a couple ounces of it. I get a sort of maple candy flavor from it mixed with a really great Virginia tobacco. It's also one of those that I have to be careful of, 2 flakes fit in my favorite pipe & I'll get a pretty hard nic hit from if I don't DGT it.

I think 4noggins has it in stock most of the time, too...that's where I found it.

So if you buy a bunch & hate it, you know there are some folks who'll trade you for it, no problem.

RTOdhner and ruffinogold like this.
  4. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

LTF was my first flake. It is some good stuff. It has a sweet top note, and a good pouch note, although I wouldn't call it aromatic. The smell decreased quite a bit after the first couple of weeks after I received mine anyway. It is a good basic sweet Virginia. I find it burns better rubbed out than folded. It really shines in a cob. I've not had many issues with biting, but it does need to be smoked a bit slower than a burley. For the price it's hard to beat. I would also recommend the PS luxury Navy Flake.

RTOdhner and ruffinogold like this.
  5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

What can I say that hasn't already been said - it's really good stuff. Just a solid, tastey, and well-behaved VA flake. There's a wee bit of Perique in there, but it certainly does not dominate - just adds a nice little touch. It has a pleasant room note, as well. I think that there are better flake blends out there, but they run $9USD and up for a 5o gram tin. LTF is pretty damn good and runs about $45USD for 1.5 pounds. It's hard to beat on quality, and impossible to beat on price.

Stonewall likes this.
  6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Highly reccomended! Excellent all around, imo. I plan to have at least 3-5 pounds of it cellared.

RTOdhner likes this.
  7. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

I've only smoked a few bowls from a sample, but they were each quite enjoyable. This would definitely be worth trying if you might like VA with a little extra something.

8. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

LTF exactly fits the bill for what you're describing, I would say by all means go for it! This is one tobacco that I will always have a couple pounds of in the cellar. Very Va forward with just the slightest sweetness added, and enough nic to satisfy. I know there are much more elite tobaccos on the market, but this is my most common smoke, and might just be my desert island blend.

ruffinogold likes this.
  9. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Very good stuff! :thu2:

10. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member

I am going with everyone's advice, I just ordered a full box from 4noggins, might as well jump in with both feet. This tobacco is getting to be a hard one to find at a decent price, no one ever seems to have it in stock anymore, I must have gotten the last one from 4noggins, as it is out of stock now.

Jussto likes this.
  11. conroygc

conroygc Member

I'm about 70% my local store carries it in bulk, in case it's ever MIA again, send me a PM.

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

This one is chock full of good Virginia sweetness. Does not taste artificial at all. One of my favorites. Highly recommended.

Jussto and Mington like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.