1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Recommend me a smallish pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Pecci, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Any ideas for a inexpensive ($40 or less) pocket-type pipe, say about 4" overall length? I'm not interested in a tiny bowl.

I was planning on a Hackert Cob, but he isn't taking orders. :thankyou:

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Hackert cobs are "hopped-up" MM cobs. Get a MM Diplomat and a Walker Bros Forever Stem "Nosewarmer" stem and you're there! Short, big bowl cap (as far as cobs go), not quite as nice as a Jake Hackert but not much less either.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

3. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

I know this is way out of your price range but, it's such a great pipe and exactly what you maybe lookin for I had to show ya.
    My link

4. badbusinessman

badbusinessman ☺️

+1 on the Nosewarmer stem. I prefer the General but whatever bowl you choose, it'll smoke great and fit in your pocket.

5. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I love my General, but would like a little smaller bowl. Which M&M with the hardwood insert has the smallest bowl?

I like the idea of the "Nosewarmer" stem (1.5"). I think they come in "bent", also. I want the overall length to be about 4".

Any ideas would be welcome.

Nice pipe McMurphy, and thanks for sharing, but that's way to rich for my blood.

6. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

The old Custom-Bilts are short pipes with large bowls, but most are around 5". Four inches is a really short pipe, even for a nosewarmer.

7. nobler son

nobler son Member

Thought about a vest pipe? Seems about as pocket-type as they come.

8. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

An "opera" pipe here: http://www.epier.com...duct.asp?364987

+1 4" is a tall order for a pipe you'd actually want.

Search ebay pipes for "nosewarmer" and see what shows.

Find a $25 6" pipe you want and have someone make a custom $15 2" stem for it.

Mod a MM Legend cob: http://i845.photobuc...NoseWarmer3.jpg

Butz Choquin makes (made?) a full sized bowl on a squat little nosewarmer about 4.25" long; I had one, hated it and gave it to a flyfisherman who wanted a who-gives-a-rats-ass pocket pipe.

9. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Drgrabow bucko pipes,or check out fincks cigar site they have a tom thumb pipe that size.

10. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

What are the cons regarding a 4" pipe? I thought most nosewarmers were about 3.5".

Here's what I'm thinking: Perhaps a bent Diplomat, with a 1.5" bent Forever Stem.

11. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

The only con for me is, I don't like stubby (pocket) pipes. You may find them 100% satisfying for your needs. 3.5" sounds awfully short to me but I'm not hardly the nosewarmer expert around here.

12. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Yeah, I don't want a 3.5", but that is the size of the one that Walker Briar Works is selling with the 1.5" Forever Stem, here: http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/nosewarmer.html

The 1.5" stem alone is $23 plus $4 shipping. That's $18 per inch! :money:

13. slprl1

slprl1 Member

I would look at Dr. Grabow. Descent pipe for the price. If you lose it or break it, you're not out much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.