Recommend me some cigar leaf please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahnzo

Gathering some info for my next tobacco order, and I've read in the past about some pipe tobacco's with cigar leaf. I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head, so instead of taking the easy way out and googling about it, I thought I'd ask the experts instead.

So how about it?

Dondi

Try some GLP Robusto or C&D Habana Daydream, those blends are great!

I've ordered Fox Bankers and P&W Churchill and am excited to try those out too.

beaupipe

4Noggins has some bulks with cigar leaf on Burley bases that have some fans (not me, really). For my money, the class of the field is Habana Daydreams followed by Robusto. Never tried the P&W Churchill. Fox's Banker's has never tasted to me as though it contains cigar leaf (though I know it does), but it is a nice English.

I've been completely underwhelmed by McLelland's Dominican Maduro. Good Virginia. But I think the cigar leaf is just a rumor.

HCraven

I'm fond of Hermit's Antique Pressed Cigar Leaf MM, a tin of which I fortunately have in my cellar. Their website shows a blend called Antique Pressed Cigar Leaf II, which is reportedly sold out due to lack of Syrian Latakia. I'm not sure what the difference is. If you get a chance to go to a pipe show this year, go see J and Louise and see what they have, as their tobacco never disappoints.

BTW, maybe it's common to cigar leaf varieties, but the MM is a real room bomb, definitely an outside smoke.

Gondar

C&D Purple Cow is one of my absolute favourite smokes. It is the only cigar leaf tobacco I have tried as of yet, but it is one I can see as part of my rotation for a long long time.

yinyang

Some rim charring is to be expected.
No Ads Upgrade
H&H Stogie (thanks Bob!)

4-star/$30-ish/lb

Ed
Puff
I second Ed, here. (Including the thanks to Bob!)

Stogie is one of the best kitchen sink 'blends' I've had. It has a smidge of everything, it seems, yet has a smooth unified flavor. Could easily be an all day blend for many.

Whalehead King

I've enjoyed LJ Piretti's Cuban blend. I suspect it's only available from their physical store in downtown Boston and from their website. I was hesitant, but Piretti never did me wrong.

Smoke in good health,
WK

Bahnzo

Wow, some pretty varied stuff...from the easy to find to stuff I can't find anywhere.

I made my order today, and decided to go with Robusto. I'm not much of a fan of burley, so Robusto seemed more in line with my tastes. Thanks for all the suggestions and keep em coming. Looks like there's plenty to choose from.

Rewster66

Lord Craven's Havana Blend from Rich's. It is very expensive but it is definately some of the highest quality tobacco available. It has actual 40 year old Cuban cigar leaf, 11 year old Spanish cigar leaf, three different 11 year old Virginia's, and 6 year old Perique.
God Bless!!! Ray

MikePiper1

Billy Budd is my favorite cigar blend.
I also agree with Rewster66 - Tambolaka tobacco!! This is some heady stuff with a serious vitamin N kick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.