Recommendations

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Wookie Hunter, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

I'm planning a trip to the local shop tomorrow to buy some more tobacco, if I can get out of work on time. If not, I'll go Tuesday. I'm planning on seeing if they have Carter Hall after the good things I've read here. I'd like to shoot for something else as well. Are there any tobaccos out there that are toasty or earthy? I've always enjoyed those elements in a cigar, so I was hoping to find something similar in a pipe tobacco. Any other recommendations are welcomed!

2. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Hearth & Home Classic Burley Kake might fit that bill.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Most all the OTC are good . I think Paladin and BR and CB stuff is pretty lame , but that's just my opinion

Heres the good stuff :

Carter Hall
    Half and Half
    Velvet
    SWR
    SWRA
    PA .. all of them
    Kentucky Club .. all of them
    Sugar Barrel
    Walnut
    Grainger is ok but not as good as the above , imo

As far as a Black Cavendish , which the above are not , it's hard to beat smokers pride black Cavendish

Do they have Tinned tobacco where youre going ?

4. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

I have two places in town I can go to, one of them caters more towards pipe smokers; I think they have tinned tobacco. The one where I bought my pipe(it's right down from my apartment) I'm not sure about. I was on my way to work when I bought it, and I didn't do myself justice in being able to thoroughly browse all of their tobacco. I didn't see any tins though.

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

"Toasty and earthy"?

Something blended
    with Kentucky leaf.

6. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

How about something spicy and sweet, a tin of Escudo would wake up the taste buds.

7. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

it's not for everyone but what i tend to look for is LATAKIA, and a good helping of it too! try some latakia blends and hopefully you'll be half as smitten as i am. most of my tobacco is made up of these blends. the rest is 1 aromatic, 1 virginia, and 1 perique blend.

8. supdog

supdog Member

C&D Billy Budd, it has both latakia and cigar leaf.

9. CthulhuDawg

CthulhuDawg Member

I'm a bit late to weigh in but personally for an OTC in the price range of CH I'm in love with Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, a burly blend cased with french and dutch liqueurs at $4 1.5oz imo it's amazing.

10. bubbagump

bubbagump Sales Account

My $.02...Peterson Irish Oak is the first one that comes to mind for me when I think "earthy."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.