Rehidrating tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by soundlzrd, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

So yesterday I stopped by a local b&m and they had just under an oz of Firedance flake, being that it was under an oz they could not sell it to me. But they did give it to me. It is dried out and I was thinning of just tossing it in the jar with the rest of Firedance with the idea that the hydrated with hydrate the small amount of dry. Is this thinking correct?

Thanks

Sean

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've never tried that but it sure seems like it would work. But if you're concerned about it drying out the already moist tobacco, just stick the dry tobacco in a small bowl and cover it with a moist (non-dripping) towel, without allowing the towel to actually touch the tobacco. That works for me without fail.

nitehawk likes this.
  3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

The towel sounds like it would work well, but you could always drop a humidisk in the jar for a few days to add a little moisture.

4. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

...another easy way I use to moisten tobacco, is to moisten a good cotton pipe cleaner, or two, curl them up a bit, and toss in with your tobacco. They won't stay moist for as long as a ceramic humidisk, but they're good, if nothing else is available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.