• This forum is for DIY Repair, Maintenance & Restoration. It is for people seeking advice on maintaining their own pipes. It is not for showing off commercial work done by yourself or anyone else.

Replacement stem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think PIMO sells individual stems, Vermont-freehand may be another source. Make sure you know the diameter of your existing stem. They're not all created equal. If you're not set up to turn your new stem to fit the pipe you may want to consider sending it out to one of the pipe repair guys to get a new stem made.
Rodney

Riff Raff

Floyd rec'd my pipe this morning in the mail, called me at noon to tell me the new stem has been completed. Wow. I should have it early next week. He also made the original stem work as well (it's a silver-spigot miltary stemmed pipe), so now I have two stems for this pipe.

Floyd rec'd my pipe this morning in the mail, called me at noon to tell me the new stem has been completed. Wow. I should have it early next week. He also made the original stem work as well (it's a silver-spigot miltary stemmed pipe), so now I have two stems for this pipe.
Sounds like a Pete! What was wrong with the original stem?

Riff Raff

Sounds like a Pete! What was wrong with the original stem?
Nothing it is mint but I thought a Cumberland stem would really be nice (and it was acrylic, not my favorite). I'll post some pix when it arrives. Floyd did some Cumberland stems for a friends Dunhills and they looked so go, I had to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.