Replacement Tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by derrickyoung, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

The thread on famous tobacco has inspired me to look into trying some of these brands that these famous pipe smokers used. I know most are discontinued but one never knows, I was at a flea market last week where they had a nice vintage tobacco tin I thought would look good in my office. When I picked it up to check it, full with the sealed bag inside. So the mission make take time but you never know.

My question is has anyone tried any of the p&c blends listed as replacements? How close where they

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/butosufordib.html

inkybat likes this.

2. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

inkybat likes this.
  3. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

Thank you sir

4. Jfro

Jfro Member

Very curious -are these p&c's own blends? They are in NYS so buying from them hurts my wallet a bit more than elsewhere

5. JimInks

JimInks Active Member

The Dunhill Standard is fairly close to the original. The Edgeworth Ready Rubbed is as close as you can get to the original without being the original, only difference being the original has a slightly deeper molasses taste. The Dunhill Elizabethan is very close, too, except the Match has a little more perique than the original. I haven't tried the others.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I really think Altadis [ Sutliff ] did a stellar job on many of their match blends ! The CD Blend [ Country Doctor match ] is Fantastic .Their R blend [ Revelation match ] is killer . Their Great Outdoors [ Field and Stream match ] is better than the original , imo . The Aromatic Sutliff blends are good with a couple great ones as well

derrickyoung likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.